Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letrozole

4 REPLIES 4
lexilou3

Re: Letrozole

Hi Sydney1,
letrozole ans anastrazole have been associated with increased cholesterol. Well done your GP for checking you out. Affects on blood sugar do nit seem to be documented. However if you have gained weight (another poss side effect of this medicine) , there is now more if you for your body to deal with. As i started my meds my BMI was placing me in the overweight range. Slimming world attendance got me to a normal BMI withiut hunger!! I also exercuse more and my cholesterol picture has improved. Family history and ethnic group can also impact. My dad has type 2 diabetes which puts me in a higher risk of diabetes myself. Another reason for keeping my weight at normal, and exercising. (am no gym bunny ir stick insect, just trying my best !)
catokitty

I am paranoid about every ache and pain too.   I am hoping it'll wear off one of these years.  All the best

Sydney1

Thank you for you reply. If like me you get paranoid about every little ache,pain,it's nice to have somewhere to get advice on all our worries.  Take care.

catokitty

According to the side effects leaflet letrozole can cause raised cholesterol. Mine is up and GP told me to try and lose weight and get retested in six months. If it stays up I will have to take a statin.  All good fun isn't it. Sorry I don't know about glucose. 

Sydney1

Letrozole

Does anyone know if taking Letrozole (which I have been taking for 2 years plus) causes a rise in cholestral and blood sugar levels?  I have a review with my GP every year for bloods to be taken which in recent years have shown that I have been a borderline case for high cholestral and blood sugar.  Last year he put me on a low statin (Atorvasin) and referred me to the Diebetic clinic who monitor my blood sugar levels. I was wondering if being on Letrozole increases these levels.

Look forward to any replies.