Limited Removal of Lymphnodes

Can any relate to having three Lymphs removed one infected but surgeon after clear bone scan but slight shadow on lung ( did have a cold just before) is recommending Chemo and Hormone and Rads  but no further lymphs removed. I thought that if one node was infected then further investigation in that area would have been the normal option. …Help please.

Hi Lazydaisy, sorry this is such a worry - it sounds as though you have had a biopsy of your lymph nodes, but not full clearance? My situation was a bit different to yours but I wanted to let you know that the last time I had breast cancer, was advised that if I had rads, I would not need full clearance. It sounds like it would be good to clarify this issue at a follow up appointment. Decisions take into account so many individual characteristics. Good luck, Rattles

I was wondering that myself. I had snb where they took two out and one was found positive with a micro bit in. Then I had eight more taken out which were clear. I was wondering if removing ten was enough but my surgeon said it was. They are saying I don’t need radiotherapy. But I am worried about a) them only taking ten out and b) not having radiotherapy and c) they haven’t offered me any scans …

I had three nodes removed two sentinel and one axillary after mast. One of the SNs had macroinvasion so having chemo at present. I was asked if I would participate in the POSNOC trial- randomly selected for either full node clearance or not. Surgeon recommended full clearance but I refused and also refused posnoc trial as it would just be my luck to get full node removal! I know I have taken a risk but it is on my dominant arm side and couldnt go through rest of my life with lymphodoema. Thought having to have chemo after one positive node was enough to deal with for the next few months, the ongoing herceptin jabs, the wait for my expander implant to be replaced in the autumn, no hair for months on end, being lobsided and still wearing unflattering surgical front fastening bra, moan moan…must be feeling a bit better today!