Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lindalou DCIS


Re: Lindalou DCIS

Hi lindalou1952

Have you tried to speak to your bc nurse for advice. She should be able to get an appointment for you to see lymphoedema specialist. You didn't say if you were flying, if so its recommended to wear compression garments with lymphoedema as flying can effect it.

If going abroad you also need antibiotics in case of infection eg from an insect bite. Also use a high factor sun screen to avoid sunburn and insect repellent.

Hope this helps a little.

Take care



Re: Lindalou DCIS

Hi Lindalou

I am sorry to read that you have this worry and have posted the link to the BCC lymphoedema publication which you may find helpful to read for further information about this condition:


Please also feel free to call our helpline for further information and support on 0808 800 6000, the line is open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 9-2.

Take care


Lindalou DCIS

could anybody give me any advice, I had a operation in Jan 2009 for pre cancer cells. I have had quite a few problems one is that where i had my Lymph Nodes my breast is swollen. It started in February this year I have been to see the physio and he said I could have Lymphoedema. I was due to see the consultant this Monday gone but couldn't make it. I am going on holiday next week and i am worried in case there is something wrong and if i need any treatment because I am flying. I also have a very painful arm as well. It is very noticeable because i think the swelling is getting worse. Please help Lindalou