Lipofilling

Hi there,
Just had my 4th lot of lipofilling after an igap reconstruction in 2010 and it still looks like a flat doughnut!!!
All this pain for nothing
Wish I’d never had it done. Am I the only one who’s had a failed reconstructon?
Love lbx157

Hi,
I am not happy with my results either. I had my double Mx and DIEP last august. I was told I would have lipofil every three months during my preop consult.
But I have just had a date for my first lipofil - July, nearly a year later. Each previous booked op had been cancelled last minute. I wish I had implants done at the time of DIEP now, as I have lived with what I feel is a disfigured body for so long. My OH also admitted he can’t get past the look of the op either.
Mine look like a bad batch of Aunt Bessie puds.
It sucks!! x

Hello
I’ve just got my appointment through for first fat transference next month, had LD recon no implant last October.
Feeling very discouraged by the comments you both make here. Has anybody had this done and is satisfied with results. If the results at the end of the procedures are still not satisfactory, is there a possibility of more surgery using an implant?

Jude

Hi there,
Really sorry that my negatives comments have discouraged you. I am sure that there are loads of ladies out there who are really pleased with their lipofilling. In fact the lady who showed me hers when I was first trying to decide whether to go down this road had a brilliant result, in fact I had to ask her which was the reconstructed one as it was that good! I had been warned right from the start that I would be a difficult case as I am very slim with hardly any fat so I knew it would be a struggle I just didn’t realise how long the struggle would go on for (3 years now). My surgeon is going to have one more go in 3 months time & if that doesn’t work she’s going to try & put a small implant in. I’m ok with that it just means even more surgery. But I’m sure I’ll get there in the end! Good luck with yours and as I say please don’t let my story put you off - I always was unique!!!
lbx157

Your comments just confirmed what other ladies have said that they’re not totally satisfied with their results, fantastic about the lady you met, nice to know that hers has been such a success.
My surgeon told me that he was worried I didn’t have enough fat and encouraged me to go away and put weight on. With the chemo then the tamox I have obliged!! I am now a stone heavier than when diagnosed 2 years ago so I hope he puts my extra fat to good use!
You haven’t put me off, I think it’s far more realistic to get all comments.
Jude