Liposuction

Is there anyone out there who has had liposuction rather than invasive surgery to good breast in order to reduce size? I am curious about what to expect, pain and recovery. Would really appreciate some feedback.
many thanks
Lisa x

Hi Lisa, Whilst I’ve not had liposuction to a ‘natural’ breast, I have had liposuction to a reconstructed breast. I had it done as part of the stage 2 to my DIEP recon. As I had quite a number of procedures done at the same time, I had a GA followed by an overnight stay.
The after effects for me were more sore and uncomfortable rather than painful, and quite extensive bruising - infact it’s still badly bruised now and it’s five weeks post op.
Sue x

Thanks Sue, I am being treated as a day case on Wednesday so hopefully all being well it won’t be too bad, will let you know how it goes. Thanks for that.

Lisa x

Hope all went well Lisa xx

Hi Sue
all went well thanks. Made a bit of a fuss about the anaesthesia which seemed to do the trick as they gave me additional anti sickness stuff so apart from bring tired it was ok. Was last on the list but still was allowed home at 9.39pm.
very bruised and a spectacular shade of purple! I am sure that will change over the next few weeks. Thanks so much for your support. Hope you are on the mend and keeping well too.
Lisa xx

So good to hear everything went well! The bruising is sectacular isn’t it - I’m now 7 weeks out and it’s still black!
Sue xx

Thanks Sue,
The bruising is changing rapidly to a lovely yellow! A lot of the really black/purple has gone now. I can see a difference in size so hopefully over the next few weeks it will reduce a wee bit more.
I have been using Arnica gel for the bruising and its quite remarkable how it reduces the bruising, might be worth investing in some?
I also decided thats me ‘done’ now, no more hospitals/surgery/procedures, so if it doest work I am just going to invest in a part prothesis.
Are you on facebook as there is a lovely group on there called Breast Buddies where lots of ladies chat and have a laugh if you like chatting online to folks its a good support mechanism and you can often meet up with others in your area going through the same.
Take care

Lisa x

Hi Lisa,
Good to hear all went well Lisa. I used Arnica gel, but it didn’t seem to make much difference, and I’m now back oil the bio oil.
ill have a look on Facebook - sadly this site went downhill when they updated and improved it!
Sue x