cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lisa's battle ended today

Highlighted

Re: Lisa's battle ended today

Dear Sue and Simon,

I too am so sorry to hear of Lisa's passing.

Regards Tess

Highlighted

I will be thinking of you both on Thursday and Friday

Highlighted

Im so sorry to hear your news, I was on here for quite a while from Feb to May waiting for tests and stuff and used to keep up with your posts about Lisa. She was so brave you all are, and Im sure you helped a lot of people with your posts about Lisa. As most people have said you should be so proud of her, as I am sure you are.

Take care of yourself remembering that one day you will be able to look back and smile every time you think of her.

Yvonne xx

Highlighted

Once again I want to say how sorry I am about Lisa's passing and that I think you are a wonderful woman who devoted her life to her daughter, and I am sure that Simon was as devoted as you.

With regards to the PM - I hope it gives you some answers, obviously it will not bring Lisa back but not knowing makes things so much harder. Lisa clearly fought her cancer every step of the way with everything that she could muster, and again with the infection so something major must have got hold at the end.

I will be thinking of you and Simon on Thursday and Friday - these days will be very hard but may also bring some comfort to you both. It is so awful that when Simon is dealing with the loss of Lisa he will also have to deal with financial issues as well. I wish you all the best and hope you are able to get comfort from all the many happy memories you ave of Lisa. She was an amazing person and you must be very very proud of her.

Highlighted

I am glad that you are having some comfort from all the lovely messages that have been written about brave Lisa. Poor you and poor Simon. Next week will be a hard time and to have two days to get through rather than one will be very very hard. You will both be there for each other as both are feeling the same terrible loss.

You are still all in our thoughts Sue.

Love Jules xxx

Highlighted

Hello Sue,
see you are up late, as I am. I was wondering, if later this year, you would like to stay at our studio apt here in South East Cornwall, as our guest? It is a twin bedded apt with all mod cons if you wish to bring a friend. There is freeview sat t.v, dvd (with 150+ dvds in the apt) a big library of many new books, etc. so inclement weather is not a problem. The apt is currently free Nov 1st, then Nov 15th thru to the end of the year. We have many retirees come here, some with terminal illnesses, or have recovered from cancer and find this quite unique place so restful, yet interesting, looking out directly onto Plymouth Sound, with lots of naval and leisure traffic. By then, you may need some respite, and a change of scenery. Please pm me if you are interested and I can block off the week you are interested in. Arrival and departure is Saturdays.

I am sorry I cannot do more to help you at the moment, wish I could, but perhaps the thought of a week away by the sea may be just what you need later on.

You are truly an exceptional mother...and person. Will be thinking of you and Simon daily, but know you are strong enough to give Lisa the send off to a higher plane, that she deserves.
Take care,
Liz.

Highlighted

Thank you again everyone..... even though i haven't answered for a couple of days I still read the posts on here and I am so touched and so is Simon. What wonderful words you all manage to find.
It has been such a long week. The funeral service is next Thursday and the internment on Friday. The PM was done on Thursday but we won't get the results for a few weeks I guess. I really hope they find something unusual that will help others as she was doing so well even after the infection has set in. They really don't know what happened. The Taxol & Avastin was really working well on the cancer so its all a mystery.
Simon isn't at all good .. his life was Lisa he says and he doesn't know how he will cope and also says its the longest week of his life. We dread Thursday and Friday but I think it will be good when its over and then he has a lot of financial issues to sort out. Poor lad so young to have all these worries and all this grief. He isn't that young at 33 but he still seems like lad to me. He idolized Lisa and is totally lost just now. He has a key and can wander in here whenever he wants but insists on staying at at their home at night. At least he has now faced it.
What a truly awful disease this is to take such young lives so quickly.
Just wanted to say thank you and how touched we are.
Love Sue x

Highlighted

Dear Sue and Simon,

I havent been on line for a few days and have only just seen your sad sad news. I have read your loving posts about your lovely daughter since I was dx and just wanted to say how very sorry I am for all of you and your family.
I know words will never be enough but my heart goes out to you and your brave lovely girl.

Shonagh xxx

Highlighted

Hi Sue and Simon
I want to add my condolences to the long loving list here.I have never read the secondaries forum either,as only dx last Oct so the thought is far from my mind,However when I read a thread about Lisa's passing I have looked through and feel so humbled at her courage and determination and the obvious love and support you both gave her.She is at peace now and I hope you can find comfort in the words here.

Mary
xx

Highlighted

Hi Sue

Just want to say that I hope you are getting support now after all the support you have given poor Lisa, you really do need some tlc.

My mum has lobular cancer and due to have her surgery next month, not sure yet whether it will be a mastectomy or a lumpectomy, it depends how much her tumour has shrunk (she has been on letrazole since March). My mum is exactly like your Lisa was, brave and fiercely independant. The only time I have seen her really frightened was last week, and that was while we were at the hospital getting my results after my lumpectomy to find out if I had cancer too. She kept grabbing my friends hand and saying what will I do if my lovely daughter has cancer. My friend said it was so upsetting as my mum had such pain in her eyes. Not once was she worried about herself. I got the all clear and now she has gone back to being care free again. I guess I am saying I totally understand what you said about you wished it had been you rather than Lisa as that is how my mum has been.

You are in my thoughts alot, and I prey that you have the strength to get through the next few awful months.

Jules xxx

Highlighted

Dearest Sue,

I've been another lurker following Lisa's story. I hope you don't mind - I'm just someone who has had/ is having a scare, not diagnosed with anything, so I hope you don't mind me crashing. But I started reading the secondaries forum (to scare myself) and got so interested in you and Lisa I popped back sometimes to check how she was doing. I am 34 too and I can imagine a little bit about how my Mum would be if something happened to me or my sister. You sound (as she is) like the most wonderful mother who did everything you possibly could to support Lisa and your heart must be broken. I hope you are also feeling surrounded by love - from those physically around you, from those on this site and - because the love between you and Lisa can never die - by that too. xxx

Highlighted

Dear Sue and Family,

Like everyone else i am so sorry to hear Lisa has lost her fight, and she did fight. You are all in my thoughts.

Love jenny xx

Highlighted

So very sorry to hear of Lisa's journey ending, I just wish the cure would come quicker to spare such beautiful women suffering this way.

I hope you find comfort from knowing your daughter is at peace and no longer in pain

Hugs Nikki x

Highlighted

Dear sue and simon
so very very sorry to hear such devastating news of lisa, i followed all your postings and prayed that she would fight back from this, i can only imagine your pain as a mother as i have recently been through the bad times with my son nicky with bc(he is still fighting the fight)
what a beautiful person you are and what a relationship you both had ,so precious,so full of love .
Today i heard a song by celine dion called fly it was beautiful, i will always think of lisa when i hear it.
Thank you for sharing lisa's story, I will never forget you or lisa, and i hope that i can be half the mother that you are.
love and condolences
Irene + nicky (lucky25)
x x x x

Highlighted

there are no words i can say to help you expect what a special relationship you had and your memories will get you through this. just keep coming on here and we'll be there for you

Highlighted

I havent been on BCC for a few days and am so, so shocked and so sorry to hear this awful news.

I have read all the posts with tears in my eyes and goosebumps and sincerely mean this, that I will be thinking of you and your family.

Take care of yourselves

Love Anne xx

Highlighted

tears tears and more tears as i read the terrable news , ur heart is broken i know ihave followed ur story on here but never posted. I have a little idea how u and ur heart is hurting so, i allmost lost my son a few years ago when the doctor told me he was dying i allmost died there and then, u r such a wonderfull mum ur daughter lisa will be watching and smiling thinking YIP thats my mum 1 in a million. my heart goes out to you my condolances to both you and simon and all the love we on this site can give love helen god bless

Highlighted

So very sorry for your terrible loss.How proud you must be of such a brave and beautiful daughter.My own daughter is 33 and I cant begin to imagine your pain.Love and prayers from Valxx

Highlighted

Stay strong Sue

Love Debsxxx

Highlighted

Darling Sue,
I am devastated to hear about Lisa - just never thought it would happen like this. I am heartbroken for you and Simon, how can you possibly come to terms with it?
Well done for getting through day one. Someone (wise old spiritual chap) keeps telling me to just focus on today, and not think ahead to tomorrow and next week. He says God will give you grace enough to get through today, and that is all you need.
Praying for you and your family
with love
Jacquie

Highlighted

I am overwhelmed by all your lovely responses ... thank you so much.
Another day nearly over .. have been trying to keep busy.

Love Sue x

Highlighted

My deepest condolences on your loss .

Highlighted

Dear Sue,

I'm deeply shocked and so very sorry to read your sad news. Like many others I don't post often on here but have been following Lisa's journey and praying for her and for all of you. She was a remarkable young woman with a remarkable Mum.

Sincere condolences to you and to Simon.

Rest in peace Lisa.

Love, Carol xxx

Highlighted

Another poem...

Death is nothing at all,
I have only slipped away
into the next room.

I am I,
and you are you;
whatever we were to each other,
that, we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name,
speak to me in the easy way
which you always used,
put no difference in your tone,
wear no forced air
of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we shared together.
Let my name ever be
the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effect,
without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all
that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.

Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?

I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.

All is well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry Scott Holland
1847 -1918

Highlighted

I am truly saddened to hear about Lisa. Sue you have been such an inspiration. The number of responses/messages you have received is an indication of the way you touched so many people with your postings.
No parent should have to experience what you are going through.I know my mom took it incredibly hard when my sister died. Somehow you will find a way and the strength to deal with your incredible loss.
I am thinking of you and your family.
Arlene

Highlighted

Sue

Such awful sad news, i am so sorry.

Thinking of you.

Julie

Highlighted

Sue

So gutted to hear the sad news - love and prayers to you and all the family.

Sweet dreams lisa, the angels will take care of you.........

Rachel x

Highlighted
Not applicable

dear sue i am so sorry to read of lisa's passing my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

sleep peacfully lisa.

love mel.

Highlighted

so sorry to hear of your sad loss ive followed your story in the last year and wondered at your strength .please be aware that lisa is at peace and in no more pain ,sending you and your family a very BIG HUG .i will light a candle for her tonight .love lynn x

Highlighted

My thoughts are with you.

Highlighted

My thoughts and prayers our with you and all your family, so sorry for your loss.

love sally

Highlighted

Dear Sue, I cannot begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now but, at a time when you are being torn apart with grief, to have made the decision to go ahead with the post mortem - for Lisa, yourselves and for posterity - in my mind, is truly admirable. Thank you.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this terrible time.

Love Naz

Highlighted

I'm so very sorry to hear of Lisa's passing. My thoughts & prayers to Sue, Simon & all her family & friends.

Another young woman gone to this awful disease.

xx

Highlighted

So very sorry to read of Lisas passing. Followed her progress on here & she sounded a remarkable girl with a great mum !!!!!!

Thinking of you at this time x

Highlighted

I am so sorry my thoughts and prayers are with you

Jane x

Highlighted

Sue - Just turned my computer on as I was at the hospital all day yesterday, and am absolutely devastated that Lisa lost her battle with this insidious disease last night.

People say you'll get over it in time.
They say that some day you'll pass through all the darkness and tears,
and step out into sunshine again,
at peace with your memories
and with yourself.
And, it's true---some day you will.
For now though, please understand that if you don't want to let go just yet,
you don't have to. And you won't have to either -- not until you know in your
heart that it's time.

As I said a while ago, you are the mother everyone should have, so loving and caring.
Please accept my sincere condolences in your very sad loss.

Liz.

Highlighted

My heart and soul goes out to you and your family Sue.

Highlighted

To all Lisa's family my thoughts are with you

Babs x

Highlighted

Swissmiss

Just wanted to say thank you for posting the poem. I'm not into poetry as a rule but was moved by yours and printed it out. I hope it will be a long, long time before it's needed but I know just the person to read it at my funeral.

Bless Lisa, Sue, Simon and all who know them and theirs.

Maureen xx

Highlighted

Sue
I am truley saddened and sorry for Lisa, you and family. I had high hopes for Lisa and really felt that once she was 'over'
all the treatment she has had things would improve and she would be rewarded for what she and you have been through.
You always said that she was determined to fight this awful disease at every stage which she did, and to my mind she won,
she just did not have the strength to take on the infection as well, I am so sorry...
Sue, it is quite apparent from your postings and that you found time to share your journey with all on the forum that you too
are a remarkable person, like mother like daughter....
God bless you all.
Dave

Highlighted

Dear Sue,
I am so, so sad and sorry to read of Lisa's passing. I am new to this forum and was reading with interest your postings about Lisa's treatment as I have recently started treatment with Taxol and Avastin - 3rd dose was this morning.

I have to say that when my own mother died from liver metastases, the morning of the day that she died I wished that the end would come quickly. She had no quality of life and slept most of the time only waking to take a sip of water and say "I love you". But my mother certainly did not seem to suffer the excruciating pain that your poor Lisa experienced, and you should allow yourself to feel the relief that I did, knowing that she is not suffering anymore.

You are very brave to agree to the PM. I think that it is a wonderful thing that you are doing. I hope that it provides some answers.

I hope that you will still visit the forum and let us know how you are getting on.

With every good wish,
Penny

Highlighted

Dear Sue,
I like AJ had never read any of the posts on the secondary forums but it is obvious from the replies on here that your story and that of Lisa has touched so many people.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all at this terrible time, I am so sorry for your loss.

Loads of love and hugs
Lisa
xoxo

Highlighted

Dear Sue

I am in tears reading about this. We did not communicate but I read your threads and wished and hoped for the best for Lisa.

I am so sorry for you and all of the family.

Take care and lots of love

Cecelia. x

Highlighted

Thank you for your courage and kindness in allowing the post-mortem to go ahead to try to further medical research into this devastating disease.
Your dignity in the face of overwhelming despair is humbling and I hope you manage to stay strong for the rest of your family. I can see where Lisa got her strength from.

Jo xx

Highlighted

Sue,
I am lost for words. I hope that you find peace as Lisa has now.

Lisa XX

Highlighted

Sue,

Like everyone else I am so shocked and saddened to hear of Lisa's death. Yet another lovely young woman gone far too soon because of this cruel disease. I have followed your posts with deep admiration for Lisa's courage and determination and for your devoted care for her and had hoped that she would have had much longer with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Simon and all who love Lisa in your sorrow and loss.

Kathy xxx

Highlighted

Sue
You are amazing...Both you, Simon and your family our in our thoughts and Lisa will be the most perfect angel..You must be so proud of her.
I know she'll be looking down on us all and pushing us to fight this awful thing..
With all my love
Lauren.x.

Highlighted

Dear Sue

I am so very, very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved daughter, Lisa. Words can never say enough at such a sad time. My thoughts are with you and I am sending you and Simon my heartfelt condolences.

Love
Jibby x

Highlighted

Just read all your wonderful comments .. thank you so much everyone. Felt that I had to come on just to answer. We have been making arrangements today ... not a thing I wanted to do but strangely enough it made me feel as if i was still doing something for her. Its when I stop that things get bad. Today Simon & I agreed to a post mortem ... We thought about it for a long time when asked and then decided that its what Lisa would have wanted. She was so keen that they should find the cause of this damned disease and at least be able to control it and she loved watching post mortems on TV etc .. she honestly didn't turn a hair. Also i know that she would want to help anyone else beat this thing if she could and even if it means after death then so be it. As Lisa went downhill so quickly yesterday after doing really well and receiving everything in the form of anti biotics, anti virals etc etc then the Drs are baffled. They think her throat stopped working and her lungs would have been next. We were told that she had 'top if the range' treatment but still something got hold of her body and forced her down. Lisa has been an unusual case from day one so I don't want the news of her death to frighten anyone. She was just very different to anything they had seen before. Its for this reason that the Drs want to do a PM and in any case we would like to know ourselves why it happened. It took a lot of thinking about but I know we are doing the right thing. I so hope this helps with the rest of you still battling this awful thing. Keep fighting I just know they will get there eventually.
I am just waiting for this awful pain to lessen. I still can't imagine life without my gorgeous girl.
Love to all of you .... and thank you so much for your letters. I will print them out and keep them.
Funeral next Thursday .. not sure how I am going to get through it but i guess I have no choice.
Love Sue x

Highlighted

Sue

My thoughts are with you and your family at this time, i followed your posts as i am around the same age as Lisa, such a brave and courageous young woman.

R.I.P Lisa

Tina xxx