Lisa's brain op

Hello everyone … thought I would start a new thread about Lisa.
Firstly thank you all again for your prayers and thoughts … they certainly worked! I rang hospital at 6pm last night and they said she was back in ward and just about awake and giving the nurse the ‘thumbs up’ sign! We dashed back to S’hampton and she was propped up in bed with and enormous bandage round her head, very swollen face and puffy eyes but with the most gorgeous wide grin! Her speech appears to be fine thank goodness … very drowsy … asked where we had been because someone said it was Tuesday. She was very relieved when I told her it was still Sunday. She added that she had a bit of a headache! but she didn’t mind because it was over. She also said in her drunken voice that she was so pleased it was now over because she didn’t want to die! Another big grin.
I don’t know the results of the op yet because the surgeon had gone but hopefully i will find out more today. We know that he wasn’t optimistic about removing all of the tumour because it was so large but he needed to give relief. She was crippled this week and getting worse each day and was only shuffling along when i took her to the loo yesterday morning. Not forgetting that they only gave her 2 months about 4 weeks ago.
I will let you know the latest later but for me to see her last night and to see that old grin back … which she is known for … was the best tonic I could have had. She hadn’t grinned for about 2 weeks. Incidently the last thing she remembered was the lift doors closing and seeing Simon waving and me blowing kisses … thank goodness i didn’t cry until those doors had closed as it would have added to her worry.
Love Sue xx

Hi Sue
what a relief for you all hopefully things will now start to improve, most important thing, not just for Lisa but you all is to recharge your batteries.
Thinking of you
Hannah x

Dear Sue,

Thinking of you all. It must be such a relief for the surgery to be over. I hope it gives Lisa some more time to share with you.

Nicky xx

That’s fantastic news Sue, that Lisa has come round so well from the operation, and was able to respond to you, and say a few words, and give you a smile so very soon afterwards. You must be indescribably relieved to have got over this huge hurdle. Hope that the surgeon can soon fill you in on some of the details of what they were able to do. But this is great news. Love to you all. Sarah x

Hope you get better news than expected when you see the surgeon. Hope this gives you more time with Lisa.
Love Kate

Hi Sue
I did mean to say earlier when you feel up to it there is a website Her2support run by Christine, a woman with brain mets for many yrs. This is an excellent source of info and support, one of the woman Patty Z has been in same situation as Lisa and will always answer questions.
luv hannah

Hi Sue,

So pleased for Lisa, you and your family - such a relief to hear she came out of it smiling! Here’s hoping this brings you more time and happy memories with Lisa.

Love,

Sally xx

Hi Sue,

That’s great news and I hope that there is more to follow. You need to rest!

Thinking of you all.

Margaret x

Hi Sue

There are so many people including myself thinking of you, Lisa and your family and wishing you all the best and willing things to go as smoothly and as well as possible.

Please try and look after yourself as well even though I know all you’ll want to do is spend time with your daughter and make sure she’s ok.

Thinking of you.

Ruby xxx

Hi Sue

I am relieved to read your post today and so pleased that Lisa has given you “that grin” you so deserve it. You have been in my thoughts now for a few weeks and I pray that the next few months will be kind to you both. I also hope the Surgeon will give you some answers today.

Take care of yourself.

Clare (S)

Hi Sue,

I was thinking of you all yesterday. I am so glad Lisa is now able to give you that grin!

Keeping everything crossed that the news from the surgeon today is good and it gives Lisa much more time,

Take care,

Kelly
-x-

Hi Sue

I am so pleased to hear that Lisa was smiling and that the operation is over. I hope you get good news from the surgeon.

Love
Cecelia. x

Hi Sue

What lovely news to read and to hear that Lisa was smiling her gorgeous grin for you. Must have liftted your heart and made you so very happy. I do hope the surgeon can give you some more good news to about Lisa, and am keeping everything crossed for you,.

Give her my love when you visit today, although she doesn’t know me. But it is lovely news to read first thing this morning.

Take care and lots of love to you, Lisa and your family
Dawn
xxx

Dear Sue,
Thinking of you and Lisa and keeping everything crossed for more optimistic news.
Love
Claire x

Sue

Thank you for sharing this with us

Fingers/toes/eyes/legs/everything crossed for when you speak with the surgeon

Positive thoughts and vibes coming Lisa’s way from over here

J xxxx

Hi Sue xxxx

I am so pleased to hear that Lisa has got this op behind her now and that beautiful grin of hers will have given you an enormous lift also. I pray that Lisa will receive a much improved prognosis from her surgeon and that the future will look much brighter for Lisa, yourself and family and her lovely Simon too.

Always in my thoughts, please tell Lisa that I send my very, very best wishes to her for her recovery from this op. Sue you are a Mum in a million, bless you darlin. xxx

Love and hugs, Carole xxx

Thank you so much everyone.
Carole …Lisa certainly remembers you from the ops you had almost together. I told her your latest problems and she said “Oh poor Carole” and wishes you well. Have you had your op yet?
Getting ready now to go to Southampton … she is feeling very dizzy today and says she is bored! Good sign… not that she could do anything.
Love Sue x

Hi Sue,

Bless your heart for finding the time amongst all the stresses you are going through! So, so happy to hear that Lisa’s op went well, hoping that the surgeon’s news will bring yet another wonderful grin to yours and Lisa’s faces!

Thinking of you,

Warm hugs,

Sara.

Hello,

Just to mirror what everyone has said. I am really pleased Lisa’s op went well. I do hope you get really positive news from the surgeon. I will keep you all in my prayers.

take care

Fay :o)

Dear Sue

What wonderful news. I am soo very pleased !! There is nothing more incredible than seeing your child smile again after such a difficult surgery. I am sure that that one smile will give you all the strength in the world

Take care
Arlene