Little lump before 1 year anniversary

Little lump before 1 year anniversary

Little lump before 1 year anniversary Hello there - I’m Jane- I’ve read loads of your messages before but never posted.
I had BC last June - lumpectomy, chemo and radio. Finished traetment in Feb2007. Starting to feel great, hair really looking good now etc.
Friday evening I spotted a little lump in the same breast. Its obvious and almost seems like a spot.
I went to the walk-in clinic (like a GP surgery) yesterday and he was lovely but inconclusive. Gave me antibiotics in case but suggested I get referred again.
Surely, it can’t be back already?

I’m getting really worked up about this.
Any ideas?

Hello Jane - So sorry you are worried. Try not to worry too much. If it is back, then you’ve got there quickly.

Do you not have a regular GP? Would it not be better to go to them rather than a doctor who has never seen you before?

However, if you are concerned, my advice would be to go back to the clinic that treated you and ask their opinion. It is only 3 months since you finished treatment, so you must be due for a follow-up appointment soon. Contact them and tell them your fears.

Thanks Phoebe

I am making an appointment with my GP in the morning and also ringing Breast Clinic to see if they can move my June appointment forward.
The lump is actually a lot on the surface and came up instantly on Friday so I am hoping it’s some sort of reaction to my system settling down.
It’s certainly a trying time once again!!!

Jane

Hi Jane I too had a scare a few months ago - 2.5 years after diagnosis. I contacted my clinic who gave me an appointment for the following week. Like you mine came up immediately and then disappeared 8 days later a day after I took my periods. I contacted Breast Care nurse to cancel appointment and was advised due to the timing of my periods it was probably hormonal. Hope this puts your mind at rest a little. Good luck.

Lynne