Little worried about upcoming operation :(

Okay, so not a big deal compared to what other women are going through…I am having a “fibroadenoma” removed soon (waiting for appointment to come through after visiting breast clinic last Tuesday).

However I feel I didn’t really get a chance to explain other problems with my breast to the doctor or breast nurse as they really rushed me through. I didn’t get a FNA either just an ultrasound.

I can feel other smaller lumps in the breast and it’s quite tender too. It just feels…different, can’t really pinpoint it. I don’t want to have to go back to the doctor and have to wait for another referral as I waited for this one for 80 days already!

Do any ladies have any advice for me or have been in a similar situation?

Hi Claire,

I am in exactly the same situation. I had my appointment last Thursday, having fibroadenoma removed on Wednesday the 10th. It was based purely on an ultrasound scan and no other tests. I am anxious as I keep thinking what if there is something there when its removed and biopsied!! Good luck hun

Let me know

Claire x

Hi Claire
Don’t be afraid to phone your breastcare nurse and discuss your concerns before your op. And make sure you get answers that you are happy with. One thing I have found is that you have to take charge of this yourself to ensure that you get answers and ultimately peace of mind.
Both the consultants and breastcare nurses that I have come into contact with are really understanding and they expect you to have lots of questions. Unfortunately, they don’t always have lots of time and when you’re in the situation at an appointment, it’s easy to feel as though your questions aren’t that important. BUT THEY ARE!! AND YOU MUST ASK UNTIL YOU’RE HAPPY THAT EVERYTHING HAS BEEN CONSIDERED.

Peace of mind is everything when it comes to your health. Don’t settle for anything less.

Best wishes,

Awadan
X

Hi, thought I would update you. I had my surgery yesterday…my fibroadenoma tured out to be a cyst!! Whilst I am so relieved, I am a little angry that this wasn’t picked up initially but I would rather forget about it and move on…

Good luck to all and thanks for your support during this horrible time.
xx

Hi Clairabella
I’m so pleased that your outcome was good. You must be very relieved. One thing I would say to you is; keep in touch with your body and make sure you get advice if you’re ever concerned again. I’m sure you’ll be fine and you must make sure you get on and enjoy your life - it is very precious.

Very best wishes,
Awadan
X