Live Chat

Does anyone know why the server is closed on 2ndaries Live Chat?

Dawn
xx

Hello dawnhc

Really sorry if there are problems with the Livechat tonight, we will ask the technical team to look at it to see what has happened.

Best wishes

June

It was last night, Dawn! Missed you. x

Hi liz, I just came on to edit the post because I realised I had the wrong night LOL! I do have a good excuse, honest. My pain consultant changed the date for tinkering with my new toy from yesterday to today so I still had Tuesday fixed in my mind. I think I need a bit of brain tweaking as well.

apologies to you June as well.

Dawn

never mind Dawn it can happen to any of us - see you Tuesday! xx

Haha Dawn!! Always blame the drugs - that’s what I say and I think you’ve more reason than most to get the days mixed up at the moment x

You make me I have been boasting the new ‘drugs’ (pump) have given me back my brain! Funny litte story from the tweaking appointment. The doctor doing it turned on the ‘interrogator’, and it wanted certain details confirmed. That went o.k. then I hold a bit of his over a bit of mine (bet you are paying attention now). He got the message back that the interrogator could not proceed - no magnet (that’s the bit I was holding over my pump in my tunmy). He tried again and still got same answer - I really felt sorry for him. He is quite a young doctor and in front of patient had to admit he had never had that happen and didn’t know what to do. The interrogator belonged to the hospice where I had the appointment and the one he normally used was at the hospital. In the end he decided to call the consultant. Did SHE have an answer…yes! After all she is a woman of my age. Her to him… Have you tried turning it off and on again? I nearly fell of the couch laughing.
Dawn
xx

Love it Dawn!! Certainly did pay attention and the magnet bit was of interest to me - have a look at my thread on fb…

Liz xx

I was at the dental hospitl this morning for routine check up as bit of exposed bone in my mouth. While waiting for the Consultant to have a look, the dentist who examined me first and I had a chat and only by asking her more questions I found out that I have in fact got necrosis of the jaw. These words were never actually uttered to me and this was my 3rd or 4th appointment with them. They said my dental hygene was great and the area around the exposed bit of bone ( really small) is nice and pink so to continue using my mouthwash and electic sonic toothbrush and to return in 4/5 weeks for another check to see how things going but if anything changes I can phone them and they will see me. I do not know when this tooth was actually extracted but it wasn’t the area of the most recent extraction not where I got the other tooth capped. So it came as a bit of a shock top learn that I was stuck with this new information.
I had my 12th Taxol yesterday so that is me 3/4 the way through the 18cycles and I am finding it much easier as time goes on as I have just to adjust to the fact that I am going to feel more tired and so go to bed to sort that out. Surprisingly my Hb had gone UP to 11.1 so no need for any blood transfusion just now. Smily face! I did ask about the denosumab but was told it is not through NIce up here but should be very soon and to ask the trials nurse or my Consultant. Also asked if I should come OFF diclophenac withe the recent news that it can affect your heart??..my nurse did not know so going to ask BCN. Getting my Zometa next week with round 13 of Taxol.
Have a trial with an automatic car on Monday as have always had a car with gears and due to change my Motobility car in a few months time. Any of you got an automatic and do you like it? Liz I was hoping you would tell me what COLOUR of car to choose! My husband was going to book a flight or a holiday but I am reluctant to do so until this treatment is over and I know what they have in store for me. But getting away in my Eriba caravan whould be heaven with a glass of white wine in one hand and my KIndle in the other and some nice food to eat too. That is what keeps me going…that light at the end of the tunnel but I do not want to rock the boat and get too excited just yet. I am tine in the house but in frint of the garden doors which are open on to my garden. It is a beautiful sunny day but the air is quite cold but it is lovely. Take care lovely boney ladies. Love Val