Liver biopsy- anyone had one

Hi
I’m wondering if anyone can let me know whats involved with a liver biopsy I’m having one tomorrow and really worried

Hi Danica,

If you don’t get any replies to your question before 8.30pm tonight, could I suggest you log in to Secondary Live Chat, which runs between 8.30 and 9.30pm the session is hosted by a nurse so she will be able to help with any questions you may have.  I have put you the link below

breastcancercare.org.uk/community/chat

There’s always the helpline first thing tomorrow morning (9am opening) if you’ve got time to call before your appointment.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Sorry Danica, I didn’t see this yesterday otherwise I would have replied sooner.
Yes, I had one about this time last year.
I’d say its uncomfortable rather than painful and the best thing I can suggest is you relax as much as is possible! I hate to say it but it’s not the nicest thing I’ve ever had done but, for me, it was worth it as it showed my receptor status had changed so does alter the treatment that is now available to me.
Hope it all goes ok, I certainly didn’t have any problems afterwards, just the discomfort of having it done.
Nicky x

Thanks Nicky, I was on the bed gown on etc then, got freaked out also the tumour in a akward position so am now having it next week, and being knocked out for it. Thanks for your comments