Liver looks like it has measles!!!!

Hi everyone,
well as some of you already know there was a cock-up at clinic on Tuesday.
We arrived there today to be greeted by Sister B who said she was getting ‘Brian’ for us to have a chat. By the time Ian parked the car they were ready for us. I said to Sister B had they all had a b.llockin? with a stern look she said she and certain colleagues had had a serious chat. My onc had received the report from the radiographer that there was no problem with lungs and nothing untoward had been noted. On Wed after his clinic he decided to have a look at the scan and asked for it to sent to him. He was not a happy bunny when he did his check and noticed there were splatters all over my liver. As we had already discussed me going back on chemo he made the decision to order it from pharmacy and put it on Sister B’s list. He was away on Thursday and wanted me to be informed that I would be going back on Taxol sooner rather than later.

My liver is behaving in a different way this time, it is not sticking out and it is not that enlarged, it is sort of pushing back this could be responsible for my breathing problems. The hope is as taxol with avastin works for me it will get to grips and I will feel improvement pretty quickly. So I am back on the 3 weeks on 1 off. I am skipping a week to go to France for our anniversary. I asked if this was sh.t or bust time? He was keen to point out the large tumours had not grown and these splatters would have been too small at the last scan to show up.
Oh, just remembered there was something like celariac in my blood, but at this point I did not want to hear anymore!!!

Well that’s my rubbish news so fingers crossed I begin to feel better. Maybe I will go in The Guiness Book of Records for the most returns to taxol.

Love to everyone and hope you have a good weekend.

Love Debsxxx

The good news is Dr R found a vein and the lunch was good.

Debs I am really sorry to hear the news wasnt as good as it could have been. So it looks like they don’t want to waste time getting you treatment. Fingers crossed for you that it goes well and you can enjoy that anniversary week in France.

Dawn
xx

Oh Debs! You still manage to inject humour (no pun intended!)into difficult news. Sorry you’re back on taxol but hope it will do its stuff as it has before and glad that you’re still going to France. Whereabouts are you going?
It doesn’t give you much confidence if doctors misread scans does it! Really hope you’ll be feeling better again soon.
Love and hugs,

Anne xx

Hi Dawn and Anne,
thanks for replies.

The radiographer rang the message through so it was verbal, onc asked for it to be put on comp and that when he was able to read it.
At this point the sh.t hit the fan!!

We are driving to Plymouth for the ferry and landing in Roscoff doing a bit of a drive around. Last year we did the Loire Valley and really enjoyed it.

Doggies are going on their hols as well.

Love Debsxxx

Hi Debs

So sorry to read your news and that you are returning to treatment, but hopefully it will do the trick and zap the blighters. Must be hard though, but hopefully you will have a fab time in France and not suffer to many effects from the chemo.

Take care
Love
Dawn
xx

So sorry Debs. I know how much you wanted a longer break.

Jane x

Oh mate sorry - I havn’t been on site for a while so only just seen this. The good news is that this doesn’t appear to be shit or bust time, and they do know that taxol works on you. But it’s still a bugger isn’t it.

You take care mate

So sorry to hear your news. Sorry you didn’t manage a longer break from chemo.
Have a great time in France.
I always enjoy reading your posts, they make me laugh.
Lots of hugs.
Marmite x

oh debs, what an arse, but at least you know they’re looking after you.
How many times have you been on taxol now?

have a great time in France and don’t forget you need new shoes
x

Sounds like your liver has been hit with a paintball gun, Debs! Hope the splatters are quickly wiped up, and that the Taxol makes you feel better and not worse. Who knows, maybe you will get some more time off chemo when these uggers have gone.

Enjoy the wine and crepes in France and congrats on you anniversary.

Deirdre

Hi Debs, Sorry to hear you’re going back on Taxol but hope it sorts it out and you get a longer chemo break soon. Enjoy the French trip and congratulations on your anniversary. Love Lesley

Hi Debs
sorry to hear you are back on taxol sooner- its done its stuff for you before…enjoy your holiday…jaynex

Hi Debs

Also sorry to hear your news, but glad that you will be able to have the trip, and really hope you have the best time, with the drugs having done their stuff prior to France.

Kinden
x

Hi Debs - scarey stuff that they could NOT have noticed so the only upside of this is that they did and you are getting treatment straight away. Not the news you wanted I’m sure but I hope you cope well with Taxol and it zaps the uggers. Enjoy France and your anniversary.
Nicky x

hi debs,
I so sorry you have to back on the taxol, but hope it works as well as before. Have a brilliant time in France.
Nicky