cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Liver, lung & bones diagnosis - please help me 😒

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Liver, lung & bones diagnosis - please help me 😒

I got told just over a week ago I have liver mets, my baby is 6 months and my 2 little girls are 7 and 9. It's really hard at the minute xxx

Highlighted

Hi 

I was told on Friday that I also have liver, lung and bone mets - in a state of shock.  My heart goes out to you, my children are 21 and 24 - it must be so hard when they are so young.  My thoughts are with you xx

Lin 1963 

Highlighted

Hi my heart goes out to you. You must be terrified with two young daughters to look after. The ladies have already given some good advice and i cant really add to it. I have breast bone sternum and liver mets. My prognosis was 12 - 36 months. Im coming up to 3 years but im still going strong. I remember after the shock set in i got angry
I had 3 daughters and two grandaughters who needed me. The girls lost thier dad suddenly with a brain hemorage in 2007. There was no way i could leave them without me. You will find the strenghth and courage to fight just like most of us on here. State of mind plays a big part in your fight against this bloody disease. Where do you live? You sound like you could do with a buddy who understands what your going through. Maybe your near one of us. This is a great place to get advice support and a verble cuddle. Keep posting as much as you need to. Ask as many questions as you want. There is always someone who knows on here. Sending you a big hug keep strong and keep positive 😑
Highlighted

Hi di473
I don't post very often but felt I had to after reading your post . I remember being exactly where you are now . My son was 10
At the time and sometimes i found it hard to look at him without bursting into tears ! But it will get easier , especially when you get a treatment plan in place . I'm 3 years down the line and only on my second hormone therapy. You will find the new "normal " but it does take time . My life is really as it was , I never thought I would reach the stage that cancer would not be the first thing I would think of every time I woke up . Be kind to yourself take care x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Di, You go ahead and stomp your feet, throw things whatever is your style! You get it out, but when those babies walk in the room you plaster on the smile and strong momma face! You allow yourself downs and then pick yourself up and go about life! I had to give myself a good kick in the rump when I was dx! I was initially told  probably 2 years! I told myself I had to get a grip. I could not live for 2 years out of control and miserable! I needed to find a calm and my smile and start enjoying whatever time I had. I told myself no one would want to be with me if I was miserable. Thank goodness I decided to take control of what I could control! I've been here 11 years! Imagine if I had been sulking for all that time! I can't promise you 11 years, but I can promise you that you can pull it together and h ave fun with your family. Also, don't be afraid to ask for something to help you if you feel you need some medication. There is no right or wrong way to go about this! It has to be your own way! I'm just here to tell you that you can and will pull it together! It takes time! Big HUGS!! FF

Highlighted

Hi Di, 

You are in the worst bit right now and over time you will learn how to cope. It's natural to feel exactly like you are.. you are probably in shock and your mind is doing cartwheels and going through all the the terrible scenarios it can muster up. Once you start treatment and get into a routine and know how the side effects affect you, things will be better. I was dx with bone and lung mets a year ago, decided to get married and the onc told me to do it quickly... he didn't expect me to see the year out. I had a party last week to celebrate one year of living with sbc. It felt like a big achievement and I am so so much better than I was. I'm over the shock and feel more in control and you will too.

My my kids are 12 and 15 and living with it has become the new 'normal' for all of us - life is different but you will cram in much positive happy times I'm sure. Be kind to yourself at this time, it's tough but it will get better.

xxx

Highlighted

Hi Di

i know exactly how you feel, I am so sorry you have had this news.   My sons were 14 and 11 when I was diagnosed, they are now 19 and 16.  I did not respond to the first chemo given on secondary diagnosihowever had two good runs on Capecitabine and Taxol (18 and 21 months respectively).  I have lung mets and am still well and active.  My own way of dealing with it is to stay as "normal" as possible.  You will feel better once your treatment plan is in place.  The sister who gave me my chemo for my primary cancer cried when I told her.  Then she told me to get angry and fight.  You will surprise yourself, please don't panic.  Sending lots of love xxx

Highlighted

I have secondary breast cancer, which seems to have started in my lymph nodes. Initially i was tested for Leukaemia and lymphona but both came back negative, so they they tested me for breast cancer, even though I have no lumps - and still don't - in my breasts. It was already in my bones - stage 4-  and inoperable when I was first diagnosed, Then it spread to my liver and lungs after letrozole stopped working. Now I take Exemestane and Everolimus and it's all back under control and in retreat again.

When I was first diagnosed, my prognosis was quite bleak, just 16 months. It's now nearly two years since I was first diagnosed. There are people who have lived with secondary breast cancer for over 20 years - why shouldn't you and I be the same? I know you feel devastated, but remember, you have gone through heaps already and you're still here. It's important to feel positive and acknowledge your victories thus far.

The main thing that has helped me is I only focus on today and try to make that day enjoyable, for myself and the people around me.

It is what it is. My impression of cancer is it waxes and wanes, grows stronger if I give in to despair and depression, grows weaker if I stay on top of things emotionally. Yes, I wouldn't choose to have cancer if i had a choice, but I didn't. That doesn't mean we have to let it control us and become the focal point of our lives.

Highlighted

My bc was her2+ so have to have a liver biopsy tomorrow to see if this is the same. If it is I'll be starting back on 3weekly tax as well as something like herceptin (Can't remember what it was called) & bone strengtheners etc
I can't stop crying, everything I do, like putting my little girls hair up for school this morning, just makes me panic about how their dad is going to cope ... Then I get hot & really feel like I'm going to pass out ... I don't know how to cope with this 😒
Highlighted

Hi Di

Sorry you've had such devastating news. Please don't panic, there are so many treatments out and I'm sure your team will have a plan. Are you on treatment yet? If not you'll feel better when it's sorted.

I have it in my lungs, liver, lymph nodes and bones.I tried a few different hormone tablets before settling on my current regime which is Capecitabine (oral chemo) and Denusomab for my bones.

I won't lie, my initial prognosis was quite poor (a few months left untreated) but thankfully it's working and I am nearly 16 months down the line I am still responding well. I know that's not decades like some of the ladies on here (and there are a few) but it's much longer than expected and I'm grateful to my ONC and the hospital.

I can't imagine what it must be like going through this with small children, sending you a big hug and hope you have a good network behind you.

love

Paula

Highlighted

Di, so sorry you have to post here but welcome..you have come to the right palce for lots of love and support. I have skin, bone and pleural mets so cant really comment on your specific problems but there are lots of ladies on here and lots of threads to help you. We all understand you are terrified and whilst none of us can take those awful feelings away we can listen to your fears and give you hope. Its awful when your children are so young but believe me, it doesnt get easier however old they are. Just remember they wil keep you strong. You dont mention any treatment plan...do you have anything in place yet?

Please keep posting, there is always aomeone here for you. xx

Highlighted

Liver, lung & bones diagnosis - please help me 😒

Just been told that it's back. Liver, bones & lung. I have a 4yr old & a 6yr old & I'm terrified... I can't leave them 😒