cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liver mets, high bilirubin

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Liver mets, high bilirubin

Thanks Nicky, I'm only on dose two of this chemo. Unfortunately Cape wasn't very good for me. She's mentioned Paxitol next if this doesn't do the trick Jane x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi, I'm sorry that you find yourself in this position. As a fellow liver mets lady I know how scary it can be when the liver function tests go way out of range. I've had quite a few spikes, especially in ALT, over the past 18 months and had to delay cycles of Capecitabine until they came down. Having said that I know what caused them, mainly a few too many glasses of vino at the time! My bilirubin has always been a bit raised as well but has now dropped back into the normal range after my first cycle of docetaxol. I don't know what other chemos or treatments you have had so far but I hope your oncologist has something else available if the current one isn't doing its job.
Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi Ethel, I've been a member for a year now but thanks anyway x
Highlighted

Hi, there's a recent thread on here about the facebook group chat girls it may be worth you reading that and deciding whether to join that as the traffic there is so much greater than here or macmillan. There maybe someone who can give you the advice you need? My fingers are crossed for you? Ethel x
Highlighted

Liver mets, high bilirubin

I have diffuse liver mets and my bilirubin is now sitting at 140. I am now on vinorelbine and my second dose was reduced last Thursday just in case it was interfering with my liver function. Feeling scared now, what if it doesn't come down. Has anyone experienced this and had a treatment that actually worked or helped