cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liver mets

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Liver mets

Wow, thats lucky timing. I was too busy to get mine checked for a couple of months. Im 45. 

I think the worst of this is the mind game.  Managing to think yourself out of the hole is really hard. I had my head around it till yesterdays news, going to take a bit to get it back.

Hard for you too. I really feel for my partner and friends.  My girls are much more up beat as they dont google.  Im just not going to tell them until this until it becomes unavoidable

Holding out hope for herceptin

Highlighted

physically my mum is doing amazing as in December the onc said if she had gone in a week later he wouldn't of been able to treat her as she was so ill the chemo would of killed her but mentally she is still a complete wreck and isn't getting any better. Your daughters are young, how old are you if you don't mind me asking ? Heceptin seems to be an amazing drug there are a few ladies with secondaries on here that have been doing good for years on it xxx
Highlighted

Sorry just re read thread, tricky if you reply to a recent post. Sounds like shes in good hands when you read the other messages.

I have 2 dsughters, 10 and 11, they make great cups of tea and give fab hugs. Xxx

Highlighted

Yeah, went in for chemo 3 only to have onc tell me , she wasnt hopeful of it being benign,  feels like I fell in a hole. 

She said best treatment at the moment is my chemo and once I get onto herceptin to stay on it while it keeps working.  Got 1 more AC, then 12 weekly packlitaxol which also starts the herceptin.  

What will they do for your mum.. 

Highlighted

Hi sandie sorry to hear of your recent findings, is this your first secondaries ? The ladies on here really are amazing and you will get plenty of support off them. Are you receiving any treatment at the moment ?
Love Sian
Xxx
Highlighted

Hi lovelies,  I just been referred for an mri for my liver after my ct showed a couple of lumps.  My brain is running in circles so thank you for the positives. 

Siane sending love, your mum is lucky to have you

Xxx

Sandie

Highlighted

Thank you Lucy for your kind words and advise x
Highlighted

Thank you mrsblue for your reply and I'm sorry to hear you aren't too good at the moment. As you can imagine being an only daughter with 2 older brothers my mum is my world and this has hit me very hard, so I'm trying to get some support and helpful advise off others that are dealing with this horrific disease. Thanks again for your story and I wish you all the best x
Highlighted

Hello Sianie,

So sorry to hear about your mum.  She has a very caring daughter 🙂

My liver mets were diagnosed in 2009, I also have bone mets diagnosed 2006 a few weeks after primary.  Taxol is a VERY good chemo for liver mets, though side effects can be nasty.  Unfortunately Taxol didn't work for me but there are a lot of other treatments, several other chemos and also hormone tablets.  My CNS (bc nurse) told me "we can get good control of liver mets with the right treatment".

I have had good quality of life until about a year ago.  The liver is an amazing organ and can regenerate itself to some extent, even when there are multiple tumours.  Your mum will need to be well monitored, liver function tests (from blood samples), scans (CT or PET scans).

Hope this helps a little, x

Highlighted

Thanks verity for replying and giving us some hope, I do hope you continue to do well in the future xx
Highlighted

Hi Sianie
Welcome to the BCC forums. I am sorry to read your news, I am sure the support here for you and your Mum will help and in addition, our helpliners are on hand with further support so please feel free to call and talk any concerns through. Lines are open during the week 9-5 and Saturday 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

We have lots of further secondary information and support which you and your Mum may find helpful, here's the link:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/secondaries

Take care
Lucy BCC

Highlighted

Hi Sianie.... Just to say I was diagnosed with bone and liver mets in 2011. I have had letrozole and herseptin regularly since finishing chemo summer 2012 and doing very well xx

Highlighted

Liver mets

My mum had primary breast in October 2011 and was found to have liver Mets December 2014. She is currently on Taxol for 18 weeks followed by a hormone tablet all going well, does anyone have some good news if possible of living with and coping with liver mets ? Please give us hope ? Thanks