Liver mets

Hi I’ve been away from forum for a few years as NED. Now dx 2 liver mets after 10 years since primary. Wanting to talk to other liver mets ladies but haven’t found any yet. Not sure where to post as finding forum confusing. Can anyone point me in right direction please? Judy in Hants

Hi Judy,

Welcome,  this Forum is full of lovely ladies who offer lots of advice, humour and friendship.

I was diagnosed Janurary 2016 with Primary, Liver and Bone mets, quite a hit in one go and I went into a tail spin for a long time.  I had 6 months of FEC, Primary Tumour was removed and am now on monthly Zometa injections and Exemestrane hormonal tablets daily.

On a whole the treatment has been working, had to change from Tamoxifen to Exemestrane recently as I had a small progression and physical have been leading a normal life just as before.  Mentally I have my ups and downs but wherever possibly I try to keep on top of it.

Please keep coming onto this forum it really will help.

Best wishes, Maria x 

Hi Judy

so sorry you have had this s dx so long after your primary.I was dx May 2016 with numerous liver tumours,3 and a half years after stage 1 primary which was meant to have an excellent prognosis!

I had 6 f e c chemotherapy and now take letrozole.My tumours are stable so far on my 3 monthly scans.

I believe there are various treatments for liver mets including  surgery to remove part of the liver if the tumours are only in one bit.not an option in my case sadly.

Although a secondary dx is devastating I have got used to it and just carry on with life as much as usual as I can.I don’t suffer pain or any ill effects from the liver. Just have very stiff/sore bones and joints from the letrozole.

I wish you all the best in your treatments.If you find it is hard to cope short term medication from your gp can help.also going for counselling can be very helpful.do you have a Haven Breast Cancer Centre near you?i went there with my primary and they were very helpful.oddly I haven’t found the need to go with my secondary’s yet.

best wishes Didi 

Hi Didi did you have the Fec for your liver mets or for the primary tumour?

Thank you Maria I’m still waiting till to see consultant after 4 weeks since liver mets dx. Getting fed up and scared.

Wow I have my biopsy on Monday so I guess I’m looking at another 4 week wait wow

Hi Judy

Sorry to hear about your secondary diagnosis. I too found it such as shock when 3 years after my primary diagnosis I was diagnosed with advanced mets in my liver and then less worrying mets in my ribs and lung in April tihis year…

I had 8 sessions of paclitaxel which pulled me back from the brink and now I seem to be relativley stable on capecitebene.

Still trying to come to terms with ‘living with cancer’

Some very inspiring people on this site. Like you, just getting used to the forum.

hugs

Phoebe x