cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liver secondaries

10 REPLIES 10
george

Re: Liver secondaries

Thanks for explanation Debs, something else I can ask onc about. Hope your treatment plan continues to go well.

DebHummingbird

Only read about it / high frequency abslation which is like microwaving the lesions.But I haven't had that as mine are in two lobes and multiple.Ive only known about mine since April.
george

Deb, in your earlier post you mentioned hfa. What is that?
DebHummingbird

I'm on parjets Herceptin and Taxotare but have only had one lot and it's a trial as its subcut into thigh
george

Thank you so much for this reply, Waffles, you have helped me so much knowing that someone else has been in my situation and that Cape can work. I was also out on exemestane for 3 months, but to no effect so it sounds like we have had similar treatment plans/conditions. The news the cancer had spread to the bones was hard, but then hearing it had also spread to liver after chemo left me reeling. Thanks so much for your words of reassurance; it really feels like a lifeline when someone who is in a similar position gets back to you. Seeing nurse on Monday to get results of blood test regarding liver function. Do keep in touch to let me know how you get on too.
Waffles

HI George, I can certainly relate to what you are saying. I was diagnosed with bone mets last July. I was prescribed exemestane which didn't work and five months later my bone mets had got worse. I was told a week or so later (early December) that I also had several small liver mets, the largest about 1cm. I was really shocked I wasn't expecting the spread to the liver and was very dispondent. As soon as the liver mets were diagnosed I started on Cape. I've been doing really well on that so far. The liver mets have shrunk and the bone mets are stable. I am lucky as well in that I don't have many side effects although some do have problems with their hands and feet while on the drug. What I would say is keep your chin up. There are loads of drugs to help you and new ones being discovered all the time. A big piece of advice I have for you is don't suffer pain in silence. Bone mets in particular can be really painful. Get all the help you can on that score. Being as pain free as possible really makes a huge difference to your physical and mental wellbeing. Best wishes xxx
george

Trying to cheer up, but news cancer has spread always comes as a shock, especially when it is unexpected. I know I have a good team but this will be my fourth line of treatment in 16 months. Difficult having to break the news to everyone too. Will keep you posted

Momo

Just being looked after by a team of experts is reassuring. We all know that our medication will eventually stop working but always rest assured that there are dozens of alternatives. Always remember this and be prepared that we will jump from one vehicle to the other. Please don't panic and keep us posted of what the well vested team will recommend. 

Cheer up please 

george

Thank you, Deb. What chemo are you on? Just feeling down as, after having 12 months of chemo for bone mets, I was looking forward to a bit of a break. The news today left me reeling. There will be a multi disciplinary team meeting on Weds about my case and BCN is going to phone me after the meeting. Seeing onc in 3 weeks

thanks again for your reply. 

DebHummingbird

Dear Geirge I am quite new on here and started my chemo yesterday!! It's for liver mets biggest of many has now grown to 30 MM due to my wait from April diagnosis!i needed a biopsy before they would arrange my chemo.they will soon have a new plan in hand as its small.if isolated they can be frazzled out with hfa or cut out.I always come on here as the ladies help lift me so hope to catch up with you again.That rascal had been found early now it's time to destroy it xxx
george

Liver secondaries

Hi ladies

Seems like I only post on here when I have bad news, but I have just learned that as well as having secondary bone mets a recent CT scan has revealed some lesions in the liver. The biggest one is 10 mm. I have to have an ultra scan and see the onc in 3 weeks when he will decide whether to put me on Cape. Prior to this I was on Taxol for 12 months, but it stopped working so I have been on Tamoxifen for the last 3 weeks. I just wondered whether any other women were in a similar position and could give me some advice. 

Still reeling from the news so any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you