cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liverpool Thread.

216 REPLIES 216
juliet66

Re: Liverpool Thread.

Sorry that it has not gone as planned Alli.
It could be just something and nothing!! Has it helped with your pain at all?

Thinking about you. Julie

Allicat

Hi everyone!
I've had my op and feel worse than before I had it!
I've now got a weak right hand and lack of movement in it.I noticed this a couple of days after the op.I had an MRI scan and my surgeon says there is something pressing on my spinal cord-it could just be inflammation or it could be something more sinister!I go to see him again on Wed so will wait and see.My scar is healing nicely although I feel a bit like Frankensteins monster!!
Love to you all.
Alli x

bubbly

Hi Tronto

They said i would be really ill after the rads but i was ok. It is hard to wear the wig becasuse of my head it gives me headaches.

I would really love to meet up but i have a wheel chair now so it woulb practically impossible. Its not my legs, its my head that hurts from walking. I hope that wiil go when i have finshed the steriods and they are out of my stysem

Also I will have to watch you lot eat because i only eat organic food now. ha ha

Lynn

TORONTO

Hi All,
My tiny progression is one tumour had grown my 2mm and another by 1mm
(how does that sound to you Julie, Is it good or bad?) I suppose any progression is bad.

Had my echo yesterday and the technician said it was about the same as last time which was low but I think my onc, will keep me on Herceptin as he said "we are in a different arena now!"

Enough of me!!
Julie , great news about the tumour in your spine, what about the lung? I have never had a mris I always have ct scans is there a big difference.

Alli, Hope your operation was a great success!!

bubbly,
So sorry you are having to play the waiting game, in my book there is nothing worse, How do you feel now are there many after effects of radiotherapy?.

Do hope we can all get together soon!

Take care,
Love,
Janx

bubbly

aghhhhhh this is the third time i have written this and lost it ha ha

Jan how did the echo go did you get the results straight away.

Jullie

so glad the tumor is no worse, when do you find out about the lung.

My face is slightly gone down but it really is bad i won' to laugh when i see myself. I look like they have put one of those disguises on when they do your face so big so your family wouldn't reccognise you.

The oncologist has confused me he said the raididtherapy is still working for six weeks in my brain after so they won't be able to have a MRI till then coz it would show positive negatives or the other way round, but now has given me an appointment for four weeks after.

I booked to go to scotland on the 28th of august so it would be before my appointment, but now the appointment is first. not very happy about that.

juliet66

Bubbly I am sure your face is not so bad, but understand how you feel/

Alli heres hoping for a full recovery after your operation.

Jan what is your tiny bit of progression? Are they keeping you on the Xeloda?

I had had good mris, in the sense tumour in spine is no worse. Not sure about lung.

Hope we can meet up soon. Julie

TORONTO

Hi bubbly,
Oh, so sorry about your face,hope you are not on steroids too long.

Good news about the wig though, last year I bought six all different colours and really enjoyed wearing them.

I am in a dilemma re- hair, my hair is growing but it is soo not great, I don`t recognise myself on photographs and try hard not to look in mirrors, so have decided to get the wigs out again and start to feel at least a bit human!!

Just got my last scan results, a tiny progression which is a bit scary, I am going for an echo this morning so fingers crossed., I can carry on with Herceptin.

Have you had your results yet?, hope you have good news!
Take care,
Love,
Janx

bubbly

hi ali and tronto

My face is so swollen from the steriods at the moment that I look like gwynette paltrow in shallow hal, so not up for meeting till it goes down. | love my new wig though.

TORONTO

Oh Alli,
I am so sorry you are having such a bad time ,I do hope and pray the surgery on your spine is successful. This is a real rollercoaster tme for us all!!
It would be wonderful if we could all get together soon, it would be great to meet you.
Julie, don`t feel so isolated, I am only just up the road from you,
and can pop over to Ormskirk at any time, may be we can have a pub lunch sometime?
Where is Granny Scouse, has anyone heard from her?
Love to everyone,
Take care,
Janx

Allicat

Hi everyone,
I hope you are all ok-things seem to have changed on here.Nobody posts like they used to!
Well,I though I'd let you know that I'm having surgery on my spine on the 4th August-not looking forward to that! I've got a collapsed vertebrate(due to the cancer)and it is pressing on the nerves and causing a lot of pain in my back and arm.I've also lost some of the use of my left hand and may never get that back.Hopefully the op will stop the pain though.
Love to you all,
Alli x

juliet66

I have only just seen your posts here(Sorry) as I rarely look on chit chat!
The posts on here dont seem to move so fast.

Bubbly I am so sorry about your news!! Toronto I have spoken to you and so am a bit more up to date.
Bubbly from your description, I think you were mixing me up with Toronto.I am the big fat depressed looking one!!!How old are your girls again??

As I have explained to Toronto, lovely Anneth (the lively Welsh one) is very poorly.

I would like it if we could all meet at some point, as am started to feel a bit isolated.
I have seen India1 posting, IreneM and Liverbird, but am a bit worried about Grannyscouse now.

I am going for scan results on Wednesday myself.Its just cr.. isnt it??

Hope to speak soon. Julie

bubbly

hi juliet

i read your message and cant remember where its was so i hope you look on here as well. of course I remember you, a very sylish lovely elegant lady thats what i remember.

bubbly

hi Tronto

Really sorry about your horrible news. I am thinking of you. I am on steriods but cant have op because there are too many clusters. Just radiotheraphy which finishes on tuesday. They said i would have bad side effects from it but i haven't been too bad. My face is very swolllen and I look like Captain Pugwash he he. Just had a beautiful day it was my birthday and my family and friends took me out for a picinc to castleton it was amazing but really wore my out , but worth every moment.

Liverbird

Oh Bubbly and Toronto what awful news, so sad to read that you both have new mets. I just dont know what to say this disease is so cruel.

Not in a good place myself to be honest. Weeks of severe headaches, they are not there all the time though. Now severe pain for a week in shoulderblade area and nausea, just when I thought I was feeling well. So I have to ring onc and start the scan process. GP is useless.

Would say lets arrange a meet up but neither of you probably feel up to it.

Much love
Rxx

TORONTO

Oh Bubbly, I am so, so sorry, what a nightmare!

How are you feeling, do hope you are pain free and the treatment is successful. Did they operate? What treatments are you having?
Sorry don`t have any wise advise, but I`m sure there are many ladies on here who can help.

I`m also having my own nightmare, I was dx with lung mets in April, back on chemo but so far this one is so gentle compared with previous ones, just hope it`s working!!

Good that you got to Prague with your daughters before you found out,my daughter took me for my 60th so I also have wonderful memories also.
Take care,
Love,
Jan xx

bubbly

Hi All

hope this message gets to you. Was going to come on the last meet. I decided to take my daughters to prauge to have lovely memories would you believe i was in hos the day after landing and finding out the cancer has spread to my brain, was in hos for three weeks but home now with two tretments left. just the waiting game now would be very grateful for any of your wise advice.

I am on steriods so sleep is a luxury i am not getting at the moment so most of my message will be at night i think ha ha

love bubbly

Liverbird

is it ok if we now re-direct our posts to the meet ups thread, or is it meet ups in your area? to give it the correct name.

Will post here and the other thread. We have to have a date planned and see who can come i suggest Saturday 13th JUNE.

Everyone to put their name on the thread if they can make it.
just realised the new thread is in 'talk to others in a similar situation' and not secondaries.

Rxx

Allicat

Hi girls,
Just to let you know that I'm ok.I'm still in Marie Curie and they are continuously trying new meds to see what will work for me but it takes time.
I'm up for a meet up but it's so difficult getting everyone together on the same date.
I haven't had access to a computer for three weeks now!I'm really missing it! The good thing about being in a hospice is that you can come and go as you please,so I've come home for a few hours to go on my computer.
I hope that everyone is well!
Which thread are we going to follow then girls-this one on 'Chit Chat' or the 'In Your Area one'?

Take care everyone.
Love Alli x

AnneTh

Hi
Just to wish Alli all the best- hope they can get it undercontrol soon xxx

juliet66

Hi,

I purposefully did not put it in Secondary Sections but'In your Area'.

Sorry to hear that hospice has not got Alli's pain under control.
Does she have internet access or is she not up to it??

I thought I had not seen your posts lately Liverbird!!

Julie x

AnneTh

Hi
Hehe... no control here Maureen! Pressing all sorts of wrong buttons.
Shall we skip across to the thread that Julie set up that comes up under latest posts? It's eithere in 'in your area' or 'meet-ups' I can't remember.
I think the chit-chat posts were taken out of the latest posts as it was all word-games and quizzes, so that explains how we haven't seen the posts.
Bye
Anne

Liverbird

Hi
I can't do the 30th either now, as its the end of half term and i am travelling back from my daughters.
Maybe someone else can suggest a date.
I havent seen the 'meet ups' thread but then it is in the secondarys section and i dont go on there infact dont come on BCC much these days.
Ali still in the hospice, not having much luck with them sorting the pain relief.
Anne hope the scan results are good news.

Shall look at meet ups in future.
Rx

GrannyScouse

Hey Anne, so good you posted twice hahaha.

I missed this post as well. Maybe it ought to be under Meet-ups from now on??

I can't do 30th as there's a family wedding. Cup final day, groom and family are staunch Evertonians ...

AnneTh

Oops! How did that happen?
Now, first of all, don't worry about me. Up to my eyeballs, feeling queezy and too wound up about scan on tues to relex properly. I've been ranting about goodness known what in other places on this website too- getting wayyy to wound up. But going for a wander in Ness Gardens anyway.
Like Julie though, I wouldn't have looked in chit-chat. Is that where is was before? I thought it came up under latest posts.
Oh well, hope you have lovely day. Hope you are OK Ali and thanks Julie for giving me a shout. Take care all of you
Anne x

AnneTh

Oops! How did that happen?
Now, first of all, don't worry about me. Up to my eyeballs, feeling queezy and too wound up about scan on tues to relex properly. I've been ranting about goodness known what in other places on this website too- getting wayyy to wound up. But going for a wander in Ness Gardens anyway.
Like Julie though, I wouldn't have looked in chit-chat. Is that where is was before? I thought it came up under latest posts.
Oh well, hope you have lovely day. Hope you are OK Ali and thanks Julie for giving me a shout. Take care all of you
Anne x

juliet66

A few of us that dont do 'chit chat' have missed this meet totally, including Anne that organised the last one. It does not show under latest posts.

Sad to think you were meant to be meeting today and we did not even know 😞 😞

Maz. kindly pointed out this thread, as I had started a new one in the 'In your area' section.
Would it be easier to carry on with this or use the other one that would show latest posts?I dont want to step on anybodies toes!

Unfortunately I cannot make the 30th or 6th but I am sure that others like Anneth and Toronto might be able to.

Julie x

bubbly

Hi all again

Just realised its my friends birthday the w/e of the 30th and I already said I would go out with her... what a memory

bubbly

Hi all

Im fine for the 30th too....

Liverbird

Why not the 30th then instead of this Sat.

Rx

IreneM

Hi Folks

Not been on here for a while. Def can't do 15th/16th as got the kiddywinks all weekend. Will def be down 30th/31st as it's the run for life, I'm taking part, don't think I will be running though!

Sorry can't get to see yooos but anyone want another meet on 30th (sat) let me know.

Ali, hope things are improving chick.

Love Irene XXX

mazaroo

sorry to be a pain but just been advised that the 16th may is my daughters fiance birthday !!! i forgot .....dont know if they have anything planned but go ahead and book and will let you know early next week ......soz soz soz ....Mazx

mazaroo

sorry to be a pain but just been advised that the

Liverbird

Right here goes 16TH MAY at the Cafe Rouge, then on to a pub. RAT and PARROT is nice. WE meet at 1pm.

Let me know

Rx

bubbly

Hi all

I can do sat the 16th May or the 6th June. Lots of love lynn

Allicat

Thanks for your kind words Ruth and Maz.
Just popped to my Brothers for dinner and using his computer so can't explain things at the moment.I'm ok so don't worry.They are trying different things to get pain under control.
Love Alli x

mazaroo

Ruth when you see Ali send her my love .xxxxxxxxxxx
Right then how about Saturday May 16th or Sat 6th June ?????

Liverbird

OH my I am confused, doesnt take much!!
Could people print clearly which days they CAN do.
I am away next weekend but going to get me liccle head round a definate date when i get back.

I know you will all want to send our lovely Ali your thoughts and good vibes she is in Marie Curie (hospice) just now. Just hope they can sort out her pain relief she has been in agony.
Hope to see her tomorrow. I know she would love to meet everyone.

Its awful when such a brave and lovely friend is going through so much, how i hate this disease.

Take Care Everyone
Rxx

mazaroo

Cant do the sat before last bank holiday but all the other fridays and sats are ok .
hope we sort something its been ages and the last one was fab xxx

Maz xx

india1

hi everyone,

Hope everyone is ok and we can arrange a meet up in may. any Friday/ Saturday apart from 29th/30th would be ok for me. i can also do other days except thursdays. If we can't find a day that suits everyone, we may just have to chose the one most can come to.

Love nicky

GrannyScouse2

Hi everyone

Irene, glad things are stabilising for sister and s-i-l. The oncs can't really forecast how things will be until treatment's started and responded to, can they.

I'll deffo sponsor you (said that ages ago didn't I) but will have to send a cheque as me and Paypal don't get along for some reason.

8th no good for me as we'll be on our way to Plymouth to see Rhydian on the 9th. 15th looking good for me. 22nd no good as we'll be returning from Cardiff after seeing - yes, you've got it - RHYDIAN!! This Saturday is no good as will be resting up to see the man himself in the evening with grandson. Oh, and Monday just gone was no good because, guess what, I drove up to Rhyl from Anglesey to see him start his tour. Didn't have a ticket but got one at 5 o'clock - someone couldn't go. Concert was brill and I got to meet him afterwards and he kissed my cheek, which I'm having framed and put on the wall hehehe.

Maureen xx

mazaroo

Great news Irene........ only Fri/Sat good for me Im afraid .
only just gone back to work darent ask for a days hol :{

Allicat

The 8th isn't good for me as I have my treatment the day before and it wipes me out.

How about the Friday 22nd?

Just a thought.....
Does it have to be a Friday or Saturday or can people make it any other week day?

Glad to hear your Sister/Sister in Law are both doing well Irene.
Alli x

IreneM

Hi all

Been a few weeks since I have been on here. Sorry I missed the last meet. I have been down that way a lot recently, visiting my sister so would like to tie the next visit to her with a meet up if poss.

15th is awkward for me, 8th is much better.

My sister is doing so well, she has been put on steroids so is eating much better. Apparently the tumour is slow growing so she is more settled and resigned. It's all very sad, but I am gob smacked at her emotional strength.

My sister in law has just had 5th chemo and the good news is the small tumours in 1 breast have gone, and the very large one is 1/2 it's original size so that looks more promising.

I am doing the race for life at the end of May in Liverpool in their honour and I had thought my sister wouldn't be here to hear about it but now I think she will be. If any of you would like to sponsor me I could pm the link to my fund raising page. Thanks again to Ali who sponsored me very early on.

Was going to book a holiday to Mexico this week, should I wait?!!!

Hope all are well, or as well as they can be.

Love Irene XXX

Allicat

Hi everyone,
I'll throw a date in the air and see if it suits.
How about Friday 15th May.

I've got Tesco vouchers for Bella Italia or Cafe Rouge so we could go to either of those and it will be cheaper for everone if I use the vouchers.
Alli x

mazaroo

Yeah me too ...got to get something sorted in May ....fridays are goood for me can do any Saturday but the last bank holiday one XXXX
hope you feel better soon alli ...Ruth and all would great to see you again ..and all the new ladies that I have yet the pleasure to meet xxxxxxx Love ya Maz

Allicat

Hi,
Thanks Ruth.Now I know how Vincent van Gogh felt!I really feel like cutting my arm off-the pain is unbearable sometimes!!
Yes,we'll defo have to organise something for May.
Alli x

Liverbird

Arh thanks Anne for those lovely words of encouragement. I got a bit down after tryin to arrange the last meet up as so many could not come. All obviously for genuine reasons.
I am finding with family commitments and courses and voluntary work i am less able to organise stuff, but could people give dates in May they would be able to come and i will defo try and get my act together.
I want Allie to be able to come. Know you are not well at the moment hun, i just hope they get this pain relief sorted for you.

Keep in touch everyone
Love Rxx

AnneTh

Hi everyone!
Sorry I've been so slow getting back. Had a lovely weekend away again - went down to see my mother again and some friends - only problem is that I hardly slept due to night sweats...mmm...nice! In fact, last night was the first night I slept properly for about 10 days or so.

Anyway, it was lovely to catch up with you Julie, Jan and Maureen. Sorry Liverbird, I didn't PM my mobile no. See, we need you to organise next one?!

I'm so glad I managed to meet up this time and I really hope that there is another meet in May with as many as poss going along, with primaries, secondaries and even worrieds. I think we all find it's helpful to meet up with others who understand! And we're a lovely bunch, aren't we?!!
Thanks ladies and see you again soon I hope. Anne xxx

GrannyScouse

Hi Ladies

Lovely to see you again Ann, Jan and Julie. Yes, we had a great time. Made it home in good time thanks, Jan. 20 minute wait at Lime Street and made connection in Manchester with 30 seconds to spare!!

When I left home in the morning there was a brisk north-easterly blowing and it was chucking it down. I dressed accordingly and by the time I left the Adelphi people were stripped off and sunbathing!!! British weather, eh!

Maureen xx

TORONTO

Hi,
Had a great day yesterday, just don`t know where the time went!Many thanks Anne for organizing it.
Maureen , hope you got back without too many problems.
Julie, I failed miserably on the shopping front,will try again today!
Take care,
Love,
Jan x