Living in a bubble...but only for a second

Good evening everyone

So, I’m just past one week lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy. Going back to work Monday - desperate for some normality in my life. Still bruised and a bit tender but that’s NOTHING in comparison with others’ journeys on this forum.

Results Tuesday.

Ashamed to say I have stayed away from the forum for a few days as I just wanted to put the BC away for a while and do normal things with my man like go walking, pick up leaves in the garden and cook a curry together tonight without IT always being THERE.

Thought I’d got away with it but I haven’t.

I’ve no idea what Tuesday will bring so once again I’m not in control.

I feel so much for my family and my man who’s been a total rock. Love him to the moon and back.

Going to bed soon as my head is swimming with ‘what ifs’.

Tomorrow is another day. I will do my best to bounce around with a big ‘life is for living’ smile on my face like I did today until about an hour ago.

Thanks for listening, again.
Anita x

Well done for managing a short time off the emotional merry go round.
Waiting for results is one of the worst parts of this, ince you have a treatment plan you feel more in control.
Best wishes for another positive day tomorrow and well done to your man for supporting you so well. I am lucky to have a good one too.

hi Anita,
It’s quite right to step away from the forum, good for you!
As Chaffinch says, as ever, the uncertainty of waiting for results that’s so difficult & the anxiety monster takes hold again, you’ll get there!
He sounds a gem.
ann x

Anita the forum is here when you need it. The wait for results is excrutiating but as everyone says when they come - and fingers crossed they are good - you will have a plan and you will know whats next. Hope you can get through the next 2 days without too much stress x

Don’t feel bad about not being on the forum Anita, it’s good that you’ve been able to do some normal stuff and forgot about bc for a while.

Yes, it’s the people around us we feel for. My dad is almost 90 and I feel terrible for the worry I’m causing him as well as my two daughter’s and friends. It’s nice that you’ve got such a lovely man for support.

I know the ‘what if’s’ are awful. Hoping Tuesday will go well for you xx

Good afternoon lovely ladies, so I’m leaving in half an hour for my recent lumpectomoy and sentinel node biopsy results at 3pm - eeeeeeeek!!!  

I had a problem sleeping last night, very dark dreams (which we can’t control) but one of my rescue cats (Andy) promptly brought me back to reality at 2 am when he presented me with a medium size rat under the bed which had just left this life thankfully!!

What a great distraction from worrying about my results as I spent the next 10 minutes trying not to wake the sleeping bear next to me (who would have been seriously less than impressed with our gift!!) as I scurried around like a special ops bod with a small torch under the bed to locate the said (and recently deceased) rodent.

I used the nearest available dustpan and brush (ok so it was my other half’s ‘dropped where he stood’ super expensive Ted Baker T-shirt and promptly launched the demised rodent through the sash window at some speed (much to the sheer disappointment from Andy!!).

I then managed to shut the cat downstairs, placate him with treats, sneaked back to bed and slipped back in without disturbing the zzzzzzzz’s of my OH. 

Hilariously when he woke up this morning at 5am, he suggested he hadn’t slept a wink!!!  Little did he know of the under cover ops that had taken place just a few hours earlier!!!

Catch you later - hopefully with some positive news.

Over and out for now

Anita x

Wishing the best for you Anita xx

Good evening Ladies

So I’m very happy and unbelievably relieved to report that my follow up appointment today could not have gone any better.  Clear margins, no lymph node involvement.  Confirmed as Stage 1, Grade 2, 14 mm IDC but all gone now.  In her own words, my consultant said that I could not possibly be in a better position as it had been caught so early (due to routine screening) and had all panned out exactly as she had predicted.  She has been amazing.

Still have 3 weeks of radiotherapy in 4-6 weeks time and 5 years of Letrozole (the potential side effects on the leaflet make for some hairy reading) but at least the tumour is gone and right now my body is free of cancer cells.

Such a mixture of emotions right now.  Just had a nice bath to think about everything and have been quite tearful.  When I was first diagnosed in July I never felt the ‘why me’ question that many people say they do as I’m just a normal person going about my business so ‘why not me’ - the stats are so high after all, sadly?

Oddly enough, tonight I am feeling ‘why me’ that I have found myself in such an incredibly fortunate situation when so many ladies face such difficult journeys.   I’m not kidding myself that I don’t need to constantly check myself and will fear the annual screening but I’ve been so lucky and the support I have received on this forum has been just superb.  Such awe-inspiring ladies with such courage.  I wish I could do more to help, to give something back other than to donate financially to BCC which I now do on a regular basis.

My journey to date has been less than 3 months from diagnosis on 25th July to coming out the other side today.   What a rollercoaster of a ride.  I learned a lot about myself and I don’t want to forget those lessons and take life for granted ever again.

If there is anything I can do (with my very limited exposure really of BC and everything that comes with it) I would welcome the opportunity to give something back.

I’m not leaving this Forum and I send all my strength and courage to every single person on this journey to willl you all the best possible outcome.

Take care everyone, with best wishes Anita xxx

Wonderful news Anita that’s brilliant. I’m so pleased for you. It’s a great story for people who have just been diagnosed and are at that ‘why me’ stage. In fact a reminder for us all.

Cassie x

Absolutely fab news Anita & so similar to my diagnosis, thank goodness for screening!
Do please stay on the forum, as you can see I have & please don’t minimise your experience, it would be so helpful to others.
ann x

Yay! Great news Anita!! Well done to you for getting through this so far. Rads will be fine xxx

Great results Anita!!! Cherrys on Elderflower, I’m on
Jam sandwich!!!:Dxx

Very pleased for you. The waiting and uncertainty is the worst part.
You have managed to make me feel grateful too, that my 12 year old tabby Ziggy isn’t much of a hunter. We have had a couple of interesting evenings playing hunt the tiny mouse under the furniture in the lounge but thankfully no more than that!

Thanks everyone for such lovely comments. Will keep a close eye on you all and will skip over to the radiotherapy thread once my dates are confirmed.

Take care Anita xx