Living with Secondary Breast Cancer-Clinical trials

If you are interested to know more about Clinical trials you may like to know that we are delivering several information sessions at the Living with  Secondary Breast Cancer monthly meetings in Cardiff, North London, Derby, Sheffield and Bristol. The aim of the session is to talk about the purpose of clinical trials and research studies, how trials are approved,why trials are necessary and what do they look at? How new drugs are tested?What’s involved in participating in a trial – why/ when might it be suggested and eligibility criteria and talking to your team about clinical trials: accessing appropriate trials in your area and in other centres.

The dates for the sessions are-

Cardiff 15 May

Derby 1 June

Sheffield 11 June at the Overview Day

Bristol 8th July

North London 2 July

If you’d like to come along to any of the sessions or find out more then please email secondaryservices@breastcancercare.org.uk or phone us on 0345 077 1893

Thanks

Carol

Carol

Will there be any of the clinical trial sessions be given in Glasgow

Jane

Hi FMJT60

I’ve attached details of the Breast Cancer Care office in Scotland who will be able to tell you about events and services in your area. 

Breast Cancer Care Scotland and Northern Ireland
Robertson House, 152 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4TB

Tel: 0345 077 1892
Email:  sco@breastcancercare.org.uk

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Yes I’m very interested in coming along to the sheffield overview day. I have been to the last 2 overview days,but I see it’s coming up soon and I’ve not received any information about it yet.
Thanks