Living with breast cancer

Hi all just wondering about secondary bone cancer following breast cancer. My mum was diagnosed 2years ago with invasive ductile and invasive lobular cancer in one breast and had a mastectomy she’s already been failed once by the nhs when her mamogram in the community reported back everything was ok 16 months previous when it wasn’t now I feel she’s not getting the care and investigation need im worried sick in December she was struggling with pain in her neck which gradually got worse progressing to dizziness and other things she was told by her oncologist any pains in the bones which are not the norm must’ve investigated as breast secondaries if breast cancer return in the bone she told her breast consultant and he said it’s probably an inner ear problem this was in April cut a long story short her gp asked for a vine scan which she had on 26/05 after not hearing anything for 2 1/2 weeks she assumed everything was ok then on 12/06 she had phone call from the McMillan breast care nurse to say there was some uptake in her spine and she will get an appointment for an MRI of her spine she only had this last Wednesday 12 days after the phone call as I’m sure all who have suffered from this disease it seams like a life time of worrying we were told the images would be available for consultants to view that night but still not heard anything when I phoned today I was told it was up for discussion last Friday 26/06 but they couldn’t until the radiographer had done the report and it could take up to a week this really worries me and can’t help but think if this had been investigated in April and we are faced with the worse case scenario my mum would be in treatment now as I’m sure your all aware it’s the waiting and not knowing that drives you crazy. Any help/advice would be much appreciated

Hi 

the waiting is the worse part of it all i had to wait 9 weeks to get the results of my ct scan after having chemo 

wondering if it as worked or not i do not know why they take so long i am sure under the said circumstances things could be hurried along have you contacted the breast speciliast nurse who could help to chase the results up i have had to do this in the past and found mine very helpful and kept me informed a to what was happening and got me in to see onc on his next clinic she did give me the results but i do not think they can if news not good

kay