Lizcat

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I tell you of Liz’s passing.

She died peacefully with her partner and sister at her side. Her SBC friends are devastated and can’t really take the reality in. I think that’s why it has taken a few days to post - once it is written it is true.

There will be many on here who will know Liz, she was always such a support to people and will have helped many of you with her kind and sensible words, her warmth and humour.

I shall try to remember her tales of her holidays and her love of cakes and smile at the memories of the times we spent together. That is what she would want. At the moment I’m unbelievably sad and furious  at this disease that takes so many but Liz’s positivity and love of life will overcome those feelings.

Good-bye my friend. RIP my favourite cake lady xx

What sad sad news Julie. I didn’t know Liz personally but she and I shared many similarities with our secondaries and, initially, our treatments. It must be a dreadful shock for all of those she knew and loved and I am sending you all my heartfelt condolences. Thank you for letting us know and maybe a post on the secondaries section might reach some of the other ladies who knew her.
Nicky x

Oh I am so sorry to read this Julie. I exchanged some PMs with Liz when her great friend here SusieV died. My sincere condolences to all who knew and loved Lizcat. Rest in Peace Liz. X

So sorry to read this.  I very rarely pass this way nowadays, so just by chance arrived the day you posted this sad news.  I remember LizCat as a generous-spirited and helpful forum member who will be very much missed.  May she rest peacefully, and sincere condolences to all who knew and loved her.

Thank you for your post Julie, we are also very sad to read this news, Liz will be sadly missed on these forums

Please pass on our sincere condolences to Liz’s family and friends from all of us here at Breast Cancer Care

Take care
Lucy BCC

Julie,terribly sad news ,this awful disease has robbed someone else of their life. Condolences and all my love to her friends and family at this sad time.
Helen xxxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry to hear this news . I didn’t know Lizcat personally but she was one of the First Ladies to offer me advice and support when I was first diagnosed back in January 2014. Sincere condolences to her family and all who knew her . X

That is such sad news to read. I remember her so well, knowledge, kind, sensitive. Such a hard post for you to write. It just a gets harder, losing our friends doesn’t it? Take care x