Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lobular cancer and taxol

3 REPLIES 3
daisy_may

Re: Lobular cancer and taxol

Hi
I have been symptomless most of the time, they only see progression on the CT scans. Before the FEC it seemed to be somehow blocking a drain from my kidney,the FEC sorted this but I have to wait and see what the next scan shows.
My kidney function test was normal so I don't know how things are going without the scan results.
Off to Dorset now to see my Dad.
I am in South Wales where are you being treated?
Su

sarcath

Hi daisy may
What a quick response! Thank you - great to hear from someone in similar situation. Can I be brutally frank and ask how the cancer has developed? I start taxol next week but have waited ages to get this far and my stomach is already really tight and uncomfortable. If taxol doesn't work I guess one just goes on expanding.
I am on Extemastane too but so far it hasn't worked. Onc says it can take a while. Hope it is working for you
Sarcath

daisy_may

Hi
I too have lobular in my bones and abdomen, I had a few years of arimadex and them FEC chemo, that finished in June. Now on examestane, will have a scan in October to see if this is doing the job. Sorry know nothing about Taxol.
Su

sarcath

Lobular cancer and taxol

I notice few people ever mention which type of cancer they have and talk in general of spread here and there. I'd love to hear of others with lobular cancer and how it has responded to taxol in particular. If so how long did it take to show a benefit if at all. Really feel I'm struggling in the dark
Sarcath