Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London meet on 20th March

62 REPLIES 62
Kay123

Re: London meet on 20th March

As ever no one date suits all!

20th or 21st May: Kay, Jacksy, Jools (21st only), Ripley, KatherineM?, Deirdre, Dee, JaneRA (7 definites, and 1 possible)

Following week: Kay, Ripley, KatherineM, Jennywren, JaneRA, jaynemh (6 definites)

Manon - neither

dm1968?

Hope I've summarised things correctly! Do correct me if I haven't. Will leave it a bit longer but then think we should make a decision -and let those who can't make it suggest some dates in July. Also looks as if it is indeed Cafe Rouge again - the fishcakes won!
Will start a new thread as well with this post, in case people aren't reading this one thinking the date's been and gone.

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend - I'm getting ready to do the ironing in front of the boat race. Come on Cambridge!

Kay xx

jools

I'd love to come and meet with you all if you don't mind. I can't do wednesdays or Fridays as I work but most other days are fine. I'd also prefer to avoid half term week as child care will be harder to arrange
Hubby works in london so he'll be able to help me home as i get too tired if I am on my feet too long
xx Jools

Jacksy

Hi all,
So envious of you all last week, but glad you had a goodly number and there was a mix of old and new faces.
I'd love to come in May - think 20th/21st would be best for me as half term week is not easy to escape from the family!
Keep us posted Kay - you're doing a great job!
Love to all
Jacquie xx

ripley

I can't organise my fridge, let alone a meet, so the credit is definitely due to Cathy & Kay.

I am flexible in May and agree that the Cafe Rouge frites are hard to beat, although word on the street is that Bertie has a huge arsenal of biscuits!

x

KatherineM

I think it was possibly a joint effort kay - you are very gracious to say it was me - more you!

Not sure about the first week, will have to tell you closer to the time- but second week 27 -29 looks better.....hoping for a really fantastic birthday week the week of 18th...

I think we should stick to fish and chips if everyone is OK, on balance its better.

Cathyx

Jennywren

I may be able to make the latter dates but definitely not the first week.

Jenny
xc

Deirdre

Will try my hardest to make the next meet up - always feel really cross to have missed one.

20th and 21st are best for me cos of half term the following week.

Love

D xx

manon

I won't be able to join you in May as I plan to be half way down the west coast of France on a bike and won't be back until early June. However I will drink a glass of something cool in your honour at the appropriate time. I don't think they are much into fishcakes in France though...
Thanks (belatedly) Cathy for the organisation. Just goes to show that when you join a thread half way through you tend to get things wrong
x Barbara

Dee

So envious, sounds as if you had a great time.
Don't know the infusion dates, but 20th/21st May sound good to me. Half-term week no good as we may get away!
Thanks for getting the ball rolling Kay.
Dee x

JaneRA

I'll go with the flow on dates In the spirit of my newly liberated post chemo condition may be away some of that time...so others pick.

Half term will probably be w/b 25th May-29th May. (we old teachers you know)

I think it was really kind of Bertie to offer a room at BCC but I prefer Cafe Rouge...its those fishcakes and chips..

Jane x

dm1968

Hi All

Will need to check wot dates half term falls on and also my herceptin date for May. Will let u know as soon as poss.

Take care
Dawn
xx

jaynemh

Hi

I am away most of that time ( lovely villa near palma! ) but can do 26th or 28th -but you'll need to go with majority !!! Jayne

Kay123

Hi all

Thanks are due to Cathy for organising the last meet, Ripley and Manon, not me - I just started the thread in our new meets section! Cathy booked the table etc.

However since Jane has nominated me to arrange the next for 2 months time, how about

Wednesday May 20th
Thursday May 21st
Tuesday May 26th
Wednesday May 27th
Thursday May 28th
Friday May 29th

Any good? And what about Bertie's kind offer of a room at BCC?

Love to all Kay x

KatieP

I typed a post yesterday and promptly lost it! Really enjoyed Friday, let's think about the next one! What about May?
Love Kathryn

KatherineM

Ripley- you have changed between Friday and sunday ! Think the new look is pretty cute..

great to see everyone on friday, hope you have all enjoyed the weekend.

cathyx

ripley

Hurrah for some internet access! Had a wonderful time on Friday & was great to put faces to cyber names and alter egos. Kay, thank you for organising & I look forward to the next assembly!
Manon - still thinking...grrr!
xxx

manon

It was great to see everyone again --well almost everyone. Sorry you couldn't make it Jenny but we raised a glass to you. Thanks to Kay for organising things and looking forward to next time.
Ripley - I'm looking forward to discovering who my double is...

x Barbara

jaynemh

yes lovely to meet you all yesterday - and thanks for the info Jane - you can send me the test anytime....as long as i geta starter for 10!!!!
sorry you had a frustrating day Jenny and hope you feel bettersoon Caroline ...jayne

Kay123

Thanks so much for the nomination, Jane! Too tired tonight to suggest dates but will get my diary out over the weekend. One thing I had meant to mention at the meet but then completely forgot (mind like a sieve), was that Bertie had pmed me a little while ago to say if we ever wanted to use a room at BCC headquarters, we would be very welcome. We had already made arrangements this time to meet at Cafe ROuge, but don't know whether people might want to consider this for next time either instead of meeting for lunch at CR or as somewhere more private to go afterwards.

Really good to meet both old and new friends - so sorry you couldn't make it though, Jenny. Had been looking forward to meeting you. Hope your chemo was ok.

Hubby has my dinner ready - daren't tell him had fishcakes for lunch as he's done fish and chips!

Love to all Kay x

debsincornwall

Glad those that met had a lovely time.
I am having a chemo break so I will be very interested in the arrangements for next meet.
It was a lovely thing to do to toast Kate.
Love Debsxxx

JaneRA

Just back from London meet. Another fabulous time....seven of us and we all had fishcakes and chips...yummy.

I went back to Waterloo with Kay123 and we agree we should meet more often...say every two months with dates in advance...different days of week to accommodate more. I nominate Kay to get organising!

Missed you Jenny...your text to manon didn't make sense but now it does.

Thank you everyone for a great time: Kay123, manon, ripley, KatieP, KatherineM, Jaynemh

We toasted you Kate.

Jane x

MargaretC

I have only just caught up with this thread and I hope you have all had a good time. I would have loved to come. If only I had known. Instead I was having my 2 year after diagnosis mammogram at Kettering.

Please someone organise another one.

Margaret

Dee

Caroline, I hope you feel better soon.
Jenny, you write really stressed. Hope you are calmer and it is annoying when you feel everthing has been sorted out, really looking forward to the day and then mayhem.
Hope we are able to get there next time.
Meanwhile, have a good weekend both of you and Happy Mother's Day.
LOL Dee xx

Jennywren

Well someone (it seems like everyone) has got it in for me. A combination of children, the hospital and trains means I gave up on getting down to London. I am so annoyed as I thought I had planned so well and I was really looking forward to it. I really am p**d off, things are just not going right for me at present. Sorry, I couldn't let anyone know.

I hope you are having a lovely time in the sunshine and I hope we can organize another lunch soon.

Jenny
xx

Kay123

About to leave for the station and just checking for last messages - am sorry to hear you've not been well, Caroline, and won't be able to join us. Next time?

Kay x

carolinew

Hello Ladies
I just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to make it tomorrow.
I havn't been feeling too good this week.
Have a lovely time and I look forward to hearing all about it when you come back
love Caroline

Kay123

Sorry to hear Gill is in hospital and won't be able to join us - as won't DippyKate obviously. Hopefully next time for you both - and Dee, and Jacksy and dm1968 and others!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again - and meeting some new people as well. Kay x

jaynemh

Many thanks , Cathy - looking forward to it

KatherineM

jayne - no its not too late - do you know where to go? Cafe Rouge, ST pauls, right next to cathedral, check out their website from 11 AM onwards...the more the merrier, please do come.

I am sorry Gill is in hospital,

Cathy

jaynemh

Hi So sorry to hear about Gill23 - hope she is on the mend - Is it too late to say that I can make the 20th???? sorry to be so late with this - haven't been on line for a while ????? Jayne

maltomlin

Hi there

Sorry to intrude on your thread but wanted to let you know that Gill23 has been in hospital for the past month (Was in Guys until yesterday and now Brighton). She's had an op to try & stop the build-up of fluid in her lungs. Doctors are hopeful that it's done the trick but she now has a chest infection to contend with.

Take care

Mal

Jacksy

Hi Girls
No, Im really sad but I can't make it on Friday.
Please will you report back with all the news on here afterwards?
Then let's have another one soon!
lots of love to you all
Jacquie xx

Dee

Hi Kay
I know I'm upset about not meeting up on the 20th, but I don't know why the message has come up so many timessssssssssssssssss!
Dee x

Dee

Hi
I have been asking about meetings in London, as I have recently joined the 'secondaries' group. I am gutted that I can't make that day, but would love to come for another meet if possible. It would be great to put faces to names that I have been chatting with and getting strength from.
LOL Dee x

Dee

Hi
I have been asking about meetings in London, as I have recently joined the 'secondaries' group. I am gutted that I can't make that day, but would love to come for another meet if possible. It would be great to put faces to names that I have been chatting with and getting strength from.
LOL Dee x

Dee

Hi
LOL Dee x

Dee

Hi
LOL Dee x

Jennywren

Hi Barbara,

Yes I am planning on getting the train, but I'm not sure at what time. Have chemo app at 9.00, which, if it goes according to plan, should only take about an hour. But in the real world, I guess it will be more like 1/1/2 - 2 hours. I will p.m. you with my mobile no and then we can check details and perhaps travel together.

Jenny
x

manon

Hello all
I have managed to get that day off so looking forward to seeing everyone! Am I right in thinking people start to gather around 11?

Jenny - are you catching a train from Cambridge? Fingers crossed for the next chemo - and the neutropenia.

x Barbara

KatieP

Yes thanks for booking the table Cathy, Jacquie hope your diplomacy works as it would be great to see you , looking forward to it
Love Kathryn

Kay123

Thanks for booking the table - glad you used the name Wallace again. Hope you can achieve your "diplomatic manoeuvres", Jacquie!

Looking forward to seeing everyone K x

Jacksy

Hi Girls,
I'm desperate to come and see you all properly, but I'm supposed to be doing something else that day. I'm grappling with my conscience and might have to do some diplomatic manouvres!! Will let you know as soon as I know either way. Can't bear to miss it
lots of love Jacquie xx

Jennywren

Thanks for sorting this out Cathy - I'm looking forward to it too.

Jennyx

KatherineM

Table is booked for 20 th march from 11 AM - name is Wallace. I told them we would be 8 to ten people. looking forward to it,

cathyx

KatherineM

Yes thats it - If you are looking straight at st pauls steps you see it on your right, its very close to the cathedral.

I will book the table in AM. for 8 to 10 people.

cathyx

carolinew

Can someone tell me if this is the cafe rouge at 5 condor house St Pauls Churchyard or if not can you give me the address?
thanks Caroline

Kay123

Rats indeed Deirdre - would have liked to have met up with you again. Hopefully next time?? Marbella does sound a really good alternative though! K

Deirdre

Oh rats, can't come. Have arranged to go to Marbella for a long weekend with a friend. Please, please somebody organise another one not too far away - would really love to see some old friends and meet new ones.

Deirdre

JaneRA

Really looking forward to meeting those I know and those I don't. If Kate well enough...hope you are... we'll come on the same train together.

As some of you know I will be the one with the notebook...though my voice is better than last time one to one restaurant noise at busy times makes me inaudible...and I used to be such a loud person.

Jane

Kay123

Definitely getting quite a list which is brilliant:

Me
KatieP
KatherineM
Dippykate - hope she can now make it and not in hospital still
JaneRA
Ripley
Jennywren
carolinew