Lonely

My age group (over 65 years old) are the most at risk of joining the “club”, but this is not reflected in the support forum. Where are my contemporaries? Surely, if the stats are correct, there must be many of us, over 65, terrified and lonely, and scared. Our fears are the same as for people who are younger, we too have loved ones and most of us have responsibilities. Why are pensioners, the category the most at risk so unrepresented on this forum? Reading through absolutely everything, sometimes in blind panic, I know I shouldn’t, but I do, I can’t help it - this is what I noticed finally: It is a lonely spot waiting for the result of several biopsies. The wait is atrocious. I feel dejected and rejected, is this forum really inclusive?

O dear Egret im 67 and im often on here. Ive actually seen a few ladies in 60s,  so ;look out for them.  I was last person i thought would ever get breast cancer, some of my younger friends said i was fitter than them,Never smoked, never been overweight, apart from a hysterecormy for fibroids 7 years ago, rarely ill, eat healhilu, felt much younger than my years, and no family history of any cancer, my dad died of old age 5 years ago at age of 98. only risk i had was many years on HRT, It is scarey,i found my lump day after Christmas, and it all does seem to take time, but ive had lumpdectomy, lymth nodes gone, now waiting to see oncologist next wed, not keen on chemo, may not need it. I dont really thing people over 65 that different to younger people really. Ive no partner or kids, which can make it an even lonelier journey i know   but friends have been great,and rallied round.  The worst part if after operation waiting to see what they say, i was convinced all my lymth nodes would be affected, athough ive always been well and dont have any other health problems, which i know some of my age do, but no they were clear apart from dodgy first one, which was very near the ;lump.  Glad they gione though,.  Do have a chat with the breast care helpline,i found them very helpful, and look out for the 60s on here, they are definitely about Maybe its just that many of them are a bit  moire backward at coming forward, than younger women , something ive never suffered from.lol June

I am nearly 61 had breast cancer 2 years ago now and now i have to have tests for my other breasts i have not been on here much in the last year but with things happening again i have come back nothing like the word cancer to make you feel lonely even with family and friends supporting you. I dont think it really matters about age we are all going through the same things and all try to help each other.