Long Lasting remission after the treatment

10 REPLIES 10
fimbo123

Re: Long Lasting remission after the treatment

I hope so too Miss Piggy xx
Diana

Hi Fimbo,

I agree with you, it is a very good book based on the author's interview and research on the Cancer survivors who managed to have long lasting remission. Number one factor is by changing our diet followed by 8 other influencing factors. I'm glad that I bought this book. Let's hope our remission would be a radical one too 😀. Xxx

Diana

Hi Butterfly, one very good book is "Radical Remission" by Kelly A. turner PhD. Try to get this.

Diana

Hi Catchpole, or is it June? I fully sympathise with your situation. Especially when you are single without an immediate family. Do you have relatives ? It is hard, I know. You said that you want to work again, but age is the issue, I don't know where you live, but how about trying for a part time job? Check the local advertisers. At least that would get you out of the house and meet people. I know the competition can be tough, but you don't know until you try. Some of the charities would also employ people on part time basis. Volunteering is also a way to meet people and make new friends. Don't feel down and don't give up. I hope you would soon find some interesting activities. Good luck and best wishes. Xx

catchpole

I someimes feel guilty when i feel down as i am so much fortunste than many not havin g to have chemo and i seem ok on tamoxifen , and ive never once felt ill, But one of the people at BIg C our local group, said youve had it too, remember that,yiou cant be upbeat all time cause your problems not as bad as other peoples.  True. i suppose.  My oldest friend who was diagonsed with ovarian same week as i was breast says at least she has her husband and family; I dont, she feels for me bless her.  Im   single, no kids living alone.  Most friends seem to think i should be back to normal and "am better" or that because ive had cancer it i should have turned into a  Mother Theresa type figure, wanting to do voluntary work and do good to all.lol  Actually all its made me realise is how much i loathe retirement and even in 60s want a job again.for extra money to supplement my pensions  so i can go on trips etc snd make most of my life .My friend with ovarian is going on a european river cruise in June, she didnt have to have chemo either. She said you should have a holiday,had to say well no i cant afford it. But also id like a job for the camardarie of work, hearing so many on here saying how they long to get back to it.makes me wish i could to. But getting a job in 60s seems impossible, im very young for my age, i dont feel like being retired never wanted it, my company didnt want the over 60s and i do worry if i get too down about it and stressed, i will risk cancer coming back.june

Diana

Hi Catchpole,

You are right, I think stress is bad for our immune system. So meditation supposes to help to reduce stress. There is a programs called mindful stress reduction. Good luck. X

Diana

Hi Fimbo123, I have bought the book from Amazon and will start reading it soon once I finish with the "Anti Cancer a new way of life" book by Dr David Servan-Schreiber. It is also a very good book with many tips and advice, he also suffered from cancer and is passionate about preventative methods.

catchpole

Sounds interesting must get it, I know age is one of reasons we spose to get cancer  but i know many in 60s like me a lot less fit than i was, who havent got it, whereas i, a slim,non smoker, who never even ate a macdonalds, ate healhily in fact, very,walked a lot   and always felt 20 years younger got it.  Ok i did take HRT a long time and the oncologist said probably why, but you would have thought my other good points would have stopped it happening.  Ok i only had to have a lumpdectomy,lymth nodes clear, no chemo, awaiting rads, and i feel fine,so maybe being in good shape helps you recover quicker. I commuuted for years to work, that was stressful,then when i wanted to stay on at work , after 60 my company didnt want us older ones so i couldnt, i  had just planned to move nearer work,so i still did, asd my dad died  so coukd and on my own,i did get very down,friends all in couples etc. so i guess i did suffer from stress quite a lot, so will hopefully try and avoid that in future, but sometimes especially when living on own, not easy. Maybe you just have to get on with it and hope and stop worrying about it coming back, what else can you do.?

Butterfly318

Thanks for that Miss Piggy

I am doing everything i can for a healthy future but haven't heard of this book...

Just going on Amazon as we speak.   Take Care   Gilly x

fimbo123

Hi Miss Piggy,
I haven't got there yet (dx May 2013), but if you haven't already read it, I would highly recommend reading "Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against the Odds" by Dr Kelly Turner. She interviewed lots of people who were still alive when their doctors hadn't expected them to be and asked them the same question you asked. She distilled their answers to 9 factors. It's an enormously inspiring book and gave me a lot of hope.
I know that not everyone agrees that cancer is caused by lifestyle, but for me I think it was (mainly stress in my case). Rather than feeling "to blame" by identifying a cause, I think it helps me to feel empowered that I can help myself by changing.
Best wishes to you, too xx
Diana

Long Lasting remission after the treatment

Hi everyone, those who are lucky enough to have remission........ 3, 5, 10 or 20 years after the treatment, what do you think that contributes to your remission? Diet change? Particular supplement? Being vegan? Giving up sugar? Exercises? Meditation?
Best wishes xxx