Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for advice/tips please

9 REPLIES 9
lottie63

Re: Looking for advice/tips please

Hi Ladies

I have just returned from a wonderful week in the Gambia, temp reached 104 degrees on one day !! 1 mozzie bite on leg and that was it, relieved is an understatement 🙂 my lymph arm behaved beautifully I was very good and wore my sleeve even when clad in my tankini lol, got a few strange looks but used to that !! So thank you for the tips... love the avon moisturiser especially and still useing it 

Love to all

L x

lexilou3

Hi there,
Following on from riversidedawn,, have heard high dose vit b capsules also change how you smell to them vit b is excreted thru the skin. No replacement for anti-malarials, nets and creams but maybe wirth a try 😄
Have an awesome time.
LL xx
riversidedawn

I have heard that eating marmite helps. Apparently they don't like the smell emmitted from your sweatglands - although imperceptible to the human nose!

Have a great trip, sounds fab!
lottie63

Hi Loona44

I will take some Lavender oil with me as well then, I have anti biotics to take along as well just incase, thank you for the tip

L x

loona44

HI ladies,

when i go abroad i always take pure lavender oil dab some on wrists ankles and behind ears was reccomended to me years ago apparently they dont like the smell i am going away in a few weeks and have got some antibiotics from doctor to take with me just in case the little blighters get me . linda

lottie63

Thank you Rattles & AmberD I will give it a try 🙂

L x

Amber_D

Just returned from another holiday and used Avon skin so soft, been using it for 2 years and never been bitten. 

Rattles

Hi Lottie,

I've heard that Avon Skin so Soft is very good as an insect repellent though this is not it'd intention.

Your trip sounds amazing!

Rattles, x

lottie63

Bumping...  Anybody ?? 

L x

lottie63

Looking for advice/tips please

Hi Ladies

Those of you who regulary look on the forums and esp this section will know I have arm & breast lymphodema, I am going to the Gambia in November and wondered if any of you have any tips/advice re those pesky little mozzies 🙂 I will obviously have the anti malaria meds before I go and take a mozzie net and sprays etc , but does anybody have any extra little snippets of advice they could give to try and keep the little blighters at bay, any weird or wonderful ideas fully appreciated, bar covering myself from head to toe as that would play havoc with the hot flushes 🙂

Love L x