cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for people in the area of Warwick Hosp to chat to

15 REPLIES 15
Jane1966

Re: Looking for people in the area of Warwick Hosp to chat to

Debbie, have my fingers crossed that all goes well for you tomorrow. Hope you get home on the day but if not I might see you there! I'm in complete denial, I'm a primary school teacher and I've got the nativity to do tomorrow before off to Walsgrave for the sentinel node procedure. Just pretending its not happening to me and trying to keep everything normal. Probably nt healthy but its working for me today, who knows how it will be tomorrow. Wishing you all the very best, see you on the other side! Take care Jane xx
tittlemouse

Hi Guys, I've just had a quick "its not fair" meltdown, so I thought I'd come on-line and work it out of my system before trying to go to sleep!! I think it was hightime I had a meltdown though really, as since 20th Nov when I was diagnosed, I've cut off all my long hair into a pixie cut, given up smoking, given up working and I'm pretty much preparing to what feels like "going to my doom". I also live on my own, and am single, so I'm finding night times alone particulary difficult, as being alone with ones thoughts is the worst thing. My days are spent whiling away the hours with friends, cleaning, shopping or going to the gym.....its the night times that are a different story....my parents are being great, but not sure I want to move in with them at the moment....after all, I think it would put a huge strain on them having me there all the time.....
So I have my operation on Wednesday, what I'm calling my x-mas day!!! I cannot wait!!! In the meantime I'm getting underarm pain and I'm sure my lump is dancing around in my boob tormenting me! It's been 4 weeks since my biopsy on boob and underarm, but I'm certain there are things going on there!!! Or is it my overactive imagination?
From the minute I was told I had BC my life has completely changed and I think only now, the penny has dropped that I cannot stick my long hair back on, I can't go back to work, I can't go out partying with my mates and go on dates like I was doing a few weeks ago, and I'm now considered poorly, when I actually feel okay-ish...
Why is it also, that there are plenty of numbers to call and seek advice in the daytime 9-5 but no numbers to call at night-time? I feel most vaulnerable when I'm alone a night, and yet there is no-one to call and speak to?
Anyway general rant over.....
Jane all the best with your surgery on the 13th.
And Victoria, Mary Grace and Gail thank-you for your lovely messages...
I'm off to see if I can get some sleep, without waking up and feeling like I've been hit by an express train telling me once again I've got BC....
Better, more positive day tomorrow hopefully.
Debs x
TigersGirlie

hi tittlemouse,

completely agree i was of the same opinion take it all lol, you will find so much support on this site, hope you get more reliable results soon. chemo its hard but you will get through it, its given at warwick so its much easier. and they are so lovely. time will fly to your surgery, remember to rest ready for it to, its not only a physical battle but emotional too. good luck for your surgery any questions just mail me. you will speak to some lovely people on here and they have a helpline too. remember you also have your breast care nurse at Warwick or the macmillan support for any questions no matter how small you think they are.

much love Victoria xx
Mary_grace

Hi Jane and Debsis waiting for the surgery and a treatment plan was definitely the scariest part for me. Once I knew what I was dealing with and could get on with it, it didn't somehow feel so bad. All I can say is take it one step at a time and try not to worry about the next step, and you will get there. If ai can do anything at all to help, or you fancy a coffee and chat sometime just let me know, MG xx

gail65

Hi

I'm in coventry but lived in Warwick all my life.

I have had a lumpectomy and 15 lymph nodes removed, started chemo in October which finishes in March. It's not easy but it's doable.

If you have any questions or if I can have with anything, please feel free to ask.

Gail xx
tittlemouse

Hi Victoria,
Thankyou for replying to my post. It sounds like you are doing well and your positivity is paying off, which is great. How are you finding the chemo, as thats the part I'm dreading!!! When I had the results of my biopsy on the Lymph nodes the result came back inconclusive, so I'm not sure at this stage if they are effected or not...but in my mind they can take the whole bloomin lot, if they want to!! I'm just counting the days now till my op on the 12th Dec, at least then things will be happening rather than me counting down the days....
I'm so please that there are lovely people on this site to talk to about this "blip" in my life. I've lots of support but talking to people going through the same thing is so comforting.
Debs X
tittlemouse

Hi Jane,
You are the day after me then. Scary isn't it. But strangely I can't wait to get it done and dusted in time for x-mas! I've got a Christmas Party that I'm determined to go to on the 21st, so I'm aiming for that!!! I'm struggling with anxiety and feel that every ache and pain I have it atributed to my diagnosis where in actual fact I'm sure its because I'm now so in tune with everything thats going on in my body its nothing more than a general ache and pain!!!! Are you the same?
Jane1966

Thank you. My lumpectomy is on the 13th Dec. it's the waiting that is hard, just want to get going with it all. They have been lovely at Warwick 1 agree. Take care Jane x
Mary_grace

Hi all, I am a couple of years down the line from lumpectomy, (twice as didn't get clear margins), radiotherapy and a bit if cosmetic work to fix the appearance. Didn't have chemo as I was caught very early it wasn't in my lymph. Currently on preventive hormone blockers because my tumour seemd to respond to hormones.

I am in the Warwick area and had surgery (and am still followed up) at Warwick Hospital. I couldn't speak more highly of them, they are a close knit team and have always done procedures as quickly as possible and the breast care nursing team really go the extra mile. Warwick are doing my reconstruction - it's a new technique and hasn't been done in Warwick on NHS - as a trial and I really thought I'd have to pay. I count myself very lucky that my treatment has been there, it really feels like they care about us as individuals.

You will probaby have rads and chemo in Coventry (UCHW) although they do the consultations at Warwick. I went to Coventry for various things. B*mmer to park but they were also lovely.

If it is helpful to talk to someone down the line... It is a horrible process but one step at a time and you will get there... Just say, I'm always up for coffee

TigersGirlie

hi Jane,
anytime, i would probably be prepared for the chemo option because of the grade. message me if you want to chart.

thinking of you

Victoria xx
Jane1966

Thanks Victoria, I also have a 2cm grade 3 tumour. I know I will have radio therapy but chemo was not really discussed, however from what I have read it looks likely for me too. I'm 45. Take care of yourself, would be great to talk at some point. Jane x
TigersGirlie

hi both,
sorry to you both , not a nice way to meet new people.
I'm from warwick, im a bit ahead of you both, i had my surgery in July. I just had my last chemo yesterday. any questions let me know!

i was diagnosed with a grade 3, 2cm tumour at the age of 30, they won't be able to stage it until you have surgery. i had a lumpectomy and sentinel node analysis luckily i had no spread to lymph nodes.

if you want to meet up for a coffee let me know ,won't be for 2 weeks as just had chemo.

much love to you both

victoria
TigersGirlie

hi both,
sorry to you both , not a nice way to meet new people.
I'm from warwick, im a bit ahead of you both, i had my surgery in July. I just had my last chemo yesterday. any questions let me know!

i was diagnosed with a grade 3, 2cm tumour at the age of 30, they won't be able to stage it until you have surgery. i had a lumpectomy and sentinel node analysis luckily i had no spread to lymph nodes.

if you want to meet up for a coffee let me know ,won't be for 2 weeks as just had chemo.

much love to you both

victoria
Jane1966

Hi Debbie, I live in the Warwick area and was diagnosed there on 15th November. Interested to hear you have a date for surgery as I am still waiting to hear. Hope all goes well for you. Jane
Louise_BCC

Hi Debbie

Welcome to the discussion forums, I'm sure you will find them helpful.

Whilst you are waiting for others to come along, I thought you might be interested in our Resources Pack, it can be ordered at the link below and it's filled with information to help you understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

Our Helpline are also available to discuss treatments and side effects or simply to be a listening ear if you need it. They're on 0808 800 6000 and are open 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturday.

Kind regards.

Louise, Facilitator

tittlemouse

Looking for people in the area of Warwick Hosp to chat to

Hi my names Debbie,
I was diagnosed with a 1cm cancer in my breast on Tuesday, so having a lumpectomy on 12th Dec with possible Lymph node removal too. I'm not used to all the BC jargon at the moment so thats pretty much all I know. I'm trying not to over analyise gradings and stages and such like, as until the lump is removed I don't know. I'm positive it will all be sorted out, and this is just a "blip" in my life. I'm preparing for chemo in the new year, so yesterday I cut off my extremely long, wild and beautiful hair. I'm now sporting a very short crop, so getting used to having cold ears!!! I'm also determined not to live and breathe talking cancer day in and day out, and I want normal "service" to continue in my life where possible. If there is anyone in the area of Warwick of a similar age to me, who would like to make contact for chat about our current predicament I'd love to hear from you...a problem shared is a problem halved. XX