Looking forward to op

Am I weird to be looking forward to my lumpectomy and sentinel lode biopsy on Wednesday? If it wasn’t so serious I’d be revelling in the attention and that is so NOT!! Me……… thoughts?

Not weird - although my op is on the 13th and I’m swinging between being desperate for it and then dreading it and wanting to avoid it! I’ve been taking some time off work while I get my head round things but now am really looking forward to getting back there. I think it’s ok to look forward to something that is a progression towards dealing with this ‘thing’ Good luck on Wednesday xxx

Suffolk lady I too have taken time off from work lucky to be on full pay so until op it’s seemed a little like a long holiday I’m very good at putting things to the back of my mind even this dreadful condition I try not to call it a disease seems to make it sound a little cleaner thanks for the reply and best wishes here’s to the 13th good luckx

Hi Ladies

I had my WLE & SNB in Friday and I was so looking forward to it. I thought I was weird too lol. I’ve never felt relief like it :wink:
Recovery is quick too. I thought I’d feel a lot worse, but I feel great.

Good luck to both of you,
Martha xx

Martha - when do you get your results? Fingers crossed it’s all good…I’m dreading the anaesthetic! I’m a real wooss!

Loobyb - I know what you mean - I sort of feel as if I’m on holiday and keep putting the op out of my head.
Let us know how it goes - will be hoping all goes well…

are either of you having chemo?

X

Hello, I had my mx on 15th April and was off work from when I was diagnosed, due to the numerous tests and appointments I had, for 5 weeks I was at the hospital twice a week. I was relieved to have my surgery and be one step closer to getting it sorted. Unfortunately they found that it has spread to my lymph nodes, so I am back in tomorrow for the rest removing. I am hopefully starting chemo in June. Hope all your surgeries have good outcomes and I am hoping the weather continues to stay nice, so i can enjoy it x

Hi Suffolklady

I get my results in 15th May - It usually takes around 2 weeks to get the Path report. I’m hoping its good news too. If I have to got back then so be it. I was quite nervous about having a general as I don’t usually wake up that easy, but all I remember was the cannula going in and then she said she would give me a little something to help me relax and that it would take a few mins to take effect. Next thing I knew I was being woken up in the recovery room and it was over with. I felt great, tired, but great. 30-45 mins later I was back in the day ward having a coffee & a chicken sandwich lol.

Lucylou - I wish you all the very best of luck for tomorrow - I’ll be thinking of you xx

Loveable cyber hugs
martha xx

Hi Loobyb
I think I know where you are coming from. I’ve spent 30 years in healthcare, and found that in some ways it was quite enjoyable, being, as you say, the centre of attention, and have everyone worrying and fussing over me! I’m not sure if “enjoyable” is quite the right word. I feel a bit weird even admitting that!!

Also, when I wasn’t actually feeling worried sick, in pain, or generally dreadful, I have, to be honest, found the whole experience quite interesting. And I’ve learned a helluvva lot about breast cancer. More than I ever really wanted to know, truthfully! :wink:

Relieved to hear I’m not weird thank you ladies phew! Suffolklady I’m not down for any chemo hopefully the WLE will be enough they seem to think k it hasn’t spread to the nodes but can’t be sure till they get in there and the anaesthetic is my fear don’t like that feeling of drifting off ugh!! Will post updates when it’s all over thank you girls you’re all true heroes!! Lucylou you go girl!! Best of luck!! X

Loobyb
thanks and if your anaesthetis is anything like mine, you don’t even realise, they where chatting away to me about all sorts and then so I didn’t really drift off as I was still chatting, next thing I know I was in recovery lol. Good luck with your surgery and always remember that everyone is different but I was looking forward to having my mx after 5 weeks of being prodded and picked and numerous biopsy’s, scans, MRI and being assessed on both breasts, now I have my war wound that I wear with pride x