Loss of sensation

Ever since I had chemotherapy , and it was definitely the t not the fec, I have lost almost all sensation. The lack of feeling and dryness make sex virtually impossible - it is like trying to make love in a wet suit! I have mentioned this to my Breast Care Nurse who referred me to a clinic. The only idea they came up with was using oestrogen pessaries which my oncologist then said  I shouldn’t have. Oh, and anti depressants. They were determined that it was all psychological and I just needed to relax!! I found this really insulting. I know my body, and no, I am not suffering from reduced libido. I want to have a sexual relationship with my husband and I am no longer able to. It is putting a huge strain on our relationship. Has anyone else had experience of this kind? I was hoping the feeling would return but 18 months on it is no better. It is really getting me down.

Have you tried Replens or Sylk at all? I have heard that these are meant to help get things going…

I cannot undertstand why the ostrogen pessaries are a no no as pretty sure the amount of oestrogen is negligible, but just enough to sort the dry issue out. What about oestrogen cream which is applied topically?

It makes me mad when these oncologists say no to anything oestrogen based. Don’t they understand that quality of life is so important after wretched BC?? Obviously not. I would be pushing for the pessaries (as long as you are okay using them). Anti depressants?? Now they may well kill your libido…what a cheek!

Really hope you get things sorted very soon.

Naz x