Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost and disappointed

3 REPLIES 3
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Lost and disappointed

I had my biopsy results last Thursday, and was told surgery would be in the next three or four weeks - so it's reassuring to hear that others have had the same wait. I 'know' that a couple of week isn't going to make much difference, but I am so impatient - I just want it OUT!! The waiting for the date is the worst part for me, I just need to know when. Right now, preferably!

That sucks, though, that you got so little time talking to the surgeon. Hopefully, what he lacks in charm he makes up for in skill xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Please don't be concerned about the wait; my surgery had to be delayed by three months because of complications caused by shingles. In fact the wait was GOOD because it meant the eventual surgery wasn't as radical as originally planned because the tumour shrunk due to hormone therapy.

Cyber Hugs,
AlexG

So sorry you have to join us Lynda-this waiting is the worst time.They do have to take a sample of the main lymph nodes just to make sure there are no cancer cells in there as that would help determine your post op treatment [chemo or not].The wait of 4 weeks is fairly normal I think I went private and still waited 18 days.In your case,with immediate recon,the surgeon will need a longer than usual slot-it wont affect the outcome at all.You could ring the surgeon's secretary and ask for a cancellation slot if one occurs.
Come on here whenever you need to ask anything and in the daytime do ring the helpline with any problems or just to talk.I still do occasinally and I am 4 yrs post op!
Take care,
Love Valx

Lost and disappointed

Posted for new user Lynda
Jo, Facilitator

Hi, i was diagnosed with breast cancer two weeks ago,although the mammagram and scan show no cancer in the lymph nodes my surgeon wants to remove them anyway along with a mascectomy and back flap reconstrction.I am to wait yet another two weeks for him to 'fit me in'as it is such a long surgery.I am confused as to why i need my lymph nodes removed and dissapointed that i have met my surgeon briefly (for about 5minutes)and everything has been left to my breast care nurse to explain to me.I am trying to be as positive as possible but feel totally like a statistic as far as my surgeon is concerned,after all my life is in his hands.Is four wees not too long to be waiting around with cancer?