Lost eight on letrazole

Hi just wondering if anyone out there has lost weight on letrazole? I’ve lost 1 and half stone and am too skinny …I know it’s usually the other way round .

I had 5 years on Tamoxifen and was around 10st when I finished it 2 1/2 years ago and then went on to Letrozole.

I am now 8st so yes I am losing weight on it although I always used to be around 8 1/2 stone but had to constantly watch my weight because I used to put it on easily. I put on a few lbs whilst having chemo etc and then during Tamoxifen it would not budge.

I have just come back from a weeks holiday and weigh the same as before I left.

I do have a few problems with my mouth and have just been diagnosed with Burning Mouth Syndrome which could be caused by Letrozole(started just after being on Letrozole for 6 months) and am under the hospital for it. Apparently 1 in 3 post menopausal women suffer from it, I am now 53 so whether the worry of this is causing me to lose weight but it seems that the weight has been steadily been coming off in the last 2 years. A bit worrying as I don’t want to look skinny but I haven’t said anything to my Consultants or doctors yet.

Hazel

I was more than 2 stone overweight when my bc was diagnosed - had had hysterectomy + ovaries removed 5 years earlier. Bone mets dx so I was given letrozole as my first treatment… and with a great deal of effort I managed to lose the excess within a year. So, it is possible :slight_smile: