Low onco

Hi ladies. .sicko this anxiety now,it ruins my every thought. Everyone says I should be more positive because of low risk of recurrence that came back from onco.However, having a large tumour even though node neg,worries me so much…anyone feel similar?

Bless you rachy,

Its such a rollercoaster were on, and i found with each stage i go through , there is something different to worry about, the stress of it all goes one day, comes back the next, but were human , ive had op,  my lymph nodes are clear, then i find another lump, now im told its quite normal, but that dont satsisfy me, i start panicing, its just normal instinct, we have all been given something thats out of our control, we are in the best hands. When i was first diagnosed my kids brought me a huge awfull looking gnome with a massive nose, i live in a town house snd they sat it on my stairs, on it they wrote pma ( positive mental attitude )   they named her norma lol. I actually found myself walking down the stairs saying morning norma lol, and some days i wanted to tell her to pee off ha ha.

I really hope you feel better soon, you are gonna be ok, sending you a virtual hug

Debbie x

Thanks so much Debbie…I wish I had more of your PMA lol…my anxiety is playing havoc and it doesn’t help having a guy who thinks I should be “back to normal” now …Have felt so terrible today ,didn’t even get out of bed till ten mins before he came in…I need to stop this xx

Hi Debbie…you are one of the many lovely positive ladies on here that keeps me going! …I need to get my mo Jo back like you lol!..I’m thinking of trying to start walking again…I used to love it…Rachael xx

Hi rachy

Hope your feeling better today,

Yes you do that, will do you the power of good, expecially on a nice sunny day, its been lovely here.

Debbie x

Yes I’m feeling a bit better thanks…I love this group of ladies for support xx

Rachy, just thought id mention that I was diagnosed with a 7x8cms tumour in 2001, and after my. Mastectomy I found id had 12/13 lymph nodes with cancer in…am still here, sweetie. i was so scared that I ‘saw’ everyone at my memorial service which I thought would have been latest 6 months time!

try to set aside the anxiety…its not easy, I should know, but it wont help you in any way at all - and will intrude on the time you do have left.???

Moijanxx

Moijan…thankyou for that, the size of my tumour…6.5 cm,scares me…even though the docs are saying it hasn’t worsened the prognosis in my case…I find it hard to believe. .Did they ever mention size to you hun?..I have just woke up and said to my partner that I’d give anything for my old life back…have you changed anything hun? Diet etc…what does :Community Champion" mean? X

Rachy, like you, I did panic as I explained.

Now - I will explain what I did for a few years,but I dont really think it made a big difference…other than what I really feel helped me…

which was to take ‘A’ course of action and put my efforts into it…I truly believe that by doing something, -  doesn’t really matter what, because there are still no definite answers about either preventing or curing bc - but, by doing something you believe in and concentrating on recovering - you can help yourself to remain positive,

the Marsden didnt advocate radical diet changes…just to eat a very varied diet -not too much of any one thing.

at that time, I read Jane Plants book which gave stats for less bc in China where they ate/drank less cows milk products,but more bc in Hong Kong, where they had more bc and drank ore cows milk.  - so what I did was to cut out dairy completely and alcohol for about 3+ years. But -Before the 'heavy brigade ’ jump in with  their feet in here…

.im not saying that is or was the right path and I now eat just as much dairy as anyone else as I have got some osteoarthritis and bone mets and so need the calcium.

what I am saying is - I ploughed myself into a path I believed iin , and it helped me to feel I was doing something positive - im convinced it changed my attitude.

i believe we all need to make our own choices…from our own research…I find ‘Cancer Active’ a very useful wenbsite, run by Chris Woollams…he wrote a book the Rainbow Diet which I thnk makes sense…but he explains the diet on the website…quite simply eat as big a variiety of different coloured vegetables as you can. Have a look. He seems pretty savvy about a lot of things

i suppose the one peice of advice I would actually offer anyone relates to anti oestrogen treatment…if you are placed on one of those, try and persevere with it as long as you can cope with the side effects, if any. I was on Letrozole for about 5/7 years on a trial and then was told I could stop if I wished as it was a new drug and they werent sure about long term effects…I stopped but after a while the bc came back…they are now aware 10 years minimum is a better option

Now of course, we also know that bc loves sugar, also that alcohol _ can _ contribute to getting bc.

Do your own research and have a read of Cancer Active…let me know what you think.

best wishes,

Moijan???

Racht, feel free to pm me any time…I know what I went through xx

Hi Moijan…I’ve privately messaged you hun xx thanks so much x

Hi Moijan won’t allow me to pm you…have you got 2 accounts on here? Because it comes up with 2 Moijan. .one with Community Champion next to it,which I’ve tried to message. How long were you before the secondaries cam hun?? Sorry,I’m getting palutatons even writing this xx

Rachy -to pm someone all you have to do is click on their name on a post. That person will come up…and then it says on the right…send a message or something, click on that and they will come up.

please dont compare yourself/see yourself getting secondaries…most people dont…so dont go there…

on a site like this, you will find us , there are thousands of bc ladies out there who have no recurrence.

its a little like doing the lottery and assuming  you will win…really pointless.

i will message you…there is only one of me…

Mx