Low platelet count on Tamoxifen?

Hi all
It’s been a while since I posted but here I go seeking more advice.
I have been experiencing massive bruising and I mean huge black bruises on my legs which I put down to being clumsy though I didn’t remember knocking myself particularly hard. But I woke up the other morning with one arm completely covered in bruises and knew I hadn’t knocked it at all. My GP has arranged blood test for a low platelet count which could be linked to Tamoxifen (been on it for 2 1/2 years).
Anyone else experienced this? And what was done to put it right? If they take me off Tamoxifen (which admittedly I hate!) I am scared of the cancer coming back.
All advice welcome
Rose xx

Hi Rose, it’s been a long time since I last posted too, but I had to reply to you. I too have had lots of bruising, I had blood tests done last month and results came back fine. I’m sure I read on the tamoxifen leaflet that it was a rare side effect. Good luck with the blood tests. Hope you get some answers.
Ali x

That was what the Gp suspects. Did you stay on Tamoxifen? My gp suggested I might be referred back to the breast unit xx

Forgot to say thanks for replying. I am so rude! xx

Hi Rose
This happened to me 2 weeks ago … Massive bruises on both legs. I went to my GP & took bloods … Awaiting on results must ring tomorrow . I started Tamoxifen in Jan & last few months having all these hot flushes thought it was menopause as I’m 56, but from reading this forum sounds like it’s prob the side effect of tamoxifen ? I’ll let you know what my GP tell me tomorrow … Mags

Hi Mags
Like Ali my bloods came back clear.
I guess this is my “Normal” now? But it doesn’t stop me worrying!
Hope you are ok. Let me know xx