cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low white cell count and low neutrophils

5 REPLIES 5
Dotty79

Re: Low white cell count and low neutrophils

Hi all normal my platelets dropped to 8 ! Was then given an injection in the tummy a day after each chemo, they dropped every time but within a week back to normal xx

Ionamcnab47

Yes I had this after same period of time and ended up in hospital with infection. They gave me an injection daily called Lonqual which boosted my white blood cells. I now get one as standard the day after my chemo.
blueash
Community Champion

They might be deciding if you are a candidate for g-csf injections. Sometimes they give them to everyone and other times only to those that need them. They are injections that you give yourself at home to prop up your blood counts. I had them but I still had to stop chemo early because of low blood counts.

Jjmabbatt

Thank you, was not sure how common it was, but feel better knowing.

DebbieV

The same happened to me.... I felt okay too... I was told it is pretty common so please try not to worry too much x
Jjmabbatt

Low white cell count and low neutrophils

I had my bloods taken yesterday, 8 days on from 1st chemo, and nurse has advised that my white blood cells are really low and low neutrophils. I was surprised at this as I have felt really ok, not really tired. Has anyone else hag this after just one session on FEC? Is there anything I can do to increase the count? I am already eating a lot of fruit, veg and Manuka honey. Any advise would be much appreciated.