cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lucitanib

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Lucitanib

Hi Chris, yes I have just finished this trial-unfortunately it didn't work for me-after three months I have had significant progression so am onto next treatment in a week or two. Do NOT be put off though-it could work really well for you-I know of other women who it has worked really well for! And for a long time! I was just unlucky! I had to take a couple of Blood pressure medications to keep the BP under control, and had to increase my thyroid medication as it lowered my thyroid function. It also can impact your kidneys-I had to come off drug for 5 days as I got unacceptable levels of proteins in my urine. Also felt very tired and achey on it but it's OK-they monitor you very closely, are a lovely friendly trial team and they will look after you! If you want to ask me anything else about it feel free! And good luck if you go ahead with it! Xx

Hi Chris, yes I have just finished this trial-unfortunately it didn't work for me-after three months I have had significant progression so am onto next treatment in a week or two. Do NOT be put off though-it could work really well for you-I know of other women who it has worked really well for! And for a long time! I was just unlucky! I had to take a couple of Blood pressure medications to keep the BP under control, and had to increase my thyroid medication as it lowered my thyroid function. It also can impact your kidneys-I had to come off drug for 5 days as I got unacceptable levels of proteins in my urine. Also felt very tired and a hey on it but it's OK-they monitor you very closely, are a lovely friendly trial team and they will look after you! If you want to ask me anything else about it feel free! And good luck if you go ahead with it! Xx
Highlighted

Hi Chris007, 

I am sure users will be along soon to offer their support and share their stories. 

In the meantime you can always call our helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about trageted therapy and offer a friendly ear. The helpline opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Monday and Wednesday 5pm-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm 

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Highlighted

Lucitanib

I have been put forward for trial with Lucitanib at Royal Marsden. Does anyone have any experience with this targeted therapy. Any advice would be great. Thanks