Lump and breast clinic appointment monday

Not sure if I should even post here, but I am worrying despite knowing I shouldn’t. Bit of a long story:
I found a lump in my right breast 3 weeks ago. I couldn’t manage to get an appointment at local gp on 3 consecutive days, so I rang my mum upset. She rang my surgery and explained that I had found a lump. The receptionist told her nothing available for at least 3 weeks, so go to walk-in. So I did. He was nice about it, but said there was nothing they could do even if there was concern. He checked me and said it’s likely to be an infected milk duct, nothing to worry about will go away in a week or 2.
It has not gone away, and at my routine appt with me gp today he was concerned at why a receptionist sent me to the waklk-in clinic, and couldn’t understand why the doc there told me infected milk duct, it’s not painful and I am not breastfeeding, so he referred me to the breast clinic. They ran within an hour and asked me to go in tomorrow, but due to childcare problems I had to ask them to change for monday. Thats it, she said a letter will be in the post.
So I have no idea where I have to go and no idea what to expect :frowning:

Hi Rachel

So sorry you’ve had to join us. Let’s hope it’s only temporary - most breast lumps aren’t cancer!

Regarding what to expect - this might help: http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/worried-about-breast-cancer/referral-breast-clinic-bcc70

Also the Helpline are very good if you give them a call tomorrow. In the meantime, don’t Google - a lot of the info is out of date/inaccurate and you’ll scare yourself to death. Stick to this site and Macmillan for info.

Good luck for Monday
Dx

Hi Rachael

As DJ007 has mentioned, please do give the BCC helpline a call if you need some extra support whilst you are going through this difficult time. Here you can share your concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Thank you both. I will try and ring when I get some quiet long enough to hold a conversation.
I am trying not google just trying to keep busy. I know am worried more because I have had lumps under my arms for many years, just kept getting told they were infected glands etc. I had one removed by GP a few years ago. There is also BC in my mum’s side of the family (her sister and her aunt).

Hi
most breast lumps are NOT cancer…although I know it’s a silly thing to say but try not to worry…I know it is scary when you find a lump…as the other ladies have said…you can ring the helpline…they are very good…also don’t read anything in the clinic phoning quickly…there are guidelines about this sort of thing and they are just following procedure…don’t google either as the info out there is out of date or a lot of rubbish…Monday will come soon enough…let us know how you go on…best wishes