Lump found 4 months after Mammogram and Scan (14 months clear of BC)

Panic mode again I have found a lump around the scar tissue area from where I had lumpectomy 14 months ago, I did have my annual mammogram and scan which showed clear.  Now booked in for a further scan and biospy cant believe a lump could grow so quickly has anybody else experienced this ? x

Hi Charlotte,

it it could just be fibrosis and scar tissue. I have a large amount of that lumpy hard tissue under the scar and around the site of lumpectomy. Has the lump appeared since the mammogram, can you feel it since then ? I know a lady locally who has been triple negative clear for a few years and she has been back and forth for scans and biopsies of lumps only recently, and they were eventually diagnosed as late developing scar tissue…so don’t panic yet. Of course that s going to be a very very hard thing to do having already had the BC experience and knowing what it entails. They are going to keep a very good eye on you in these early stages after the original diagnosis, so anything even vaguely suspicious will be given the full checked treatment. X