cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lump found, the waiting begins.

5 REPLIES 5
Arl

Re: Lump found, the waiting begins.

That is good news Jen, you can now live your life again happy, it's all just one big roller coaster but do glad you got off it. This site is so good for us all, I remember when I was diagnosed 5yrs ago was so frightened of everything, but it's true you end up a stronger person.x
Jen81

Thought I'd post an update incase anyone else reads this thread. Appointment was this morning. Had an examination first then ultrasound scan. They found a couple of small benign cysts so no further treatment needed. Very relieved that there is nothing of concern but also that they did find the lumps that they could diagnose (I worried that the scan might show nothing and strangely I'd leave still worrying).

Best wishes to all reading this, Jen.
Jen81

Letter arrived today, appointment on Friday 3rd September so around a fortnight to wait now.

Back to school/work this week so hopefully keeping busy will help pass the time.

Jen81

Thanks. Yes I agree the holidays aren't making it any easier!

Hope your appointment goes well on Monday and that the next few days pass quickly for you!

rosebud78

Hey Jen,

I know its hard to think of anything other than the big C..I have three boys and am finding it really difficult escpecially as its the summer hols! I'm 37 and currently have some sort of lump/swelling in my armpit and should be seeing breast surgeon on Monday. I hope your appointment date comes through soon and all turns out to be fine. x

Jen81

Lump found, the waiting begins.

Hi everyone. Been lurking (and learning!) for a few weeks so thought I should post!

I'm 34 and found a small hard lump about a month ago. Been quite tired recently (a bit low from 2 recent family bereavements) and been suffering a massive spot breakout on my face so put it all down to stress /hormones.

Lump seemed to be getting more prominent so went to the doctor last Thursday who said she would refer me to the breast clinic. Great! But no letter yet.

Hoping I have been referred as urgent, a bit anxious I'll be classed as non-urgent though. I know bc is not the only possibility so trying to keep my mind off it. Find myself snapping at my kids a lot just now though aargh!!!

Jen