Lump growing rapidly

Hi everyone. I had a lump removed last year & thankfully it was benign. The lump in my other breast has grown rapidly & the surgeon wants to remove it as they say the can’t be sure its completely benign until its been removed. I just don’t know what to do. I’m back tomorrow for another ultrasound & decison. Is it best to get it removed? X

Hi Suzie, I would say yes it is best to get it removed, as your surgeon says they can’t be sure that it is completely benign. Some years ago my friends mum had a lump in her breast and had a biopsie and was told it was benign, she had it removed and further tests found that there were cancer cells deep inside the tumour. best to be safe :smileyhappy: xx

Thanks girlies for replying xx

I had another US this morning & the lump has grown from 1.9cm in March to 2.4 in October and today it has grown to 2.9! The surgeon says it looks benign but due to the rapid growth it has to be removed and this time I don’t have the option for a local it has to be a general. Thanks again for replying xxx