71.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lump in right breast benign or malignant?

5 REPLIES 5
lavendersblue

Re: Lump in right breast benign or malignant?

I am also playing the waiting game ! Had a mammogram and ultrasound on Wed 13th , after a lump was found in my remaining ' good ' right breast , followed by a biopsy plus a FNA of a nearby enlarged lymph node. Just got letter today to say my follow up appointment for the results is on the 26th May . This seems such a long time to wait to me .....how long have others had to wait
for biopsy results ? Would be interested to hear .
Hugs,
Jill x

jules12

I hope you've had good results xx

Lucy_BCC

Hi Tula and welcome to the BCC forums
Along with the support here, our helpliners are back Tuesday 7th April after the BH weekend so please feel free to call on 0808 800 6000 for further support, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Take care
Lucy BCC

Tula

Thanks Judith for your reply.  This whole process is very unnerving.  The fact that my husband's late wife had breast cancer has caused additional anxiety.  I mean, what are the odds?  I will get back with you with the results of the additional tests.  Praying for the everyone on this forum.

Judithvr6

Hi tula,

Sorry to hear of your worry and yes, the waiting bit is the hard bit.

As you say, it is likely to be benign though reading many of the posts on here can make it seem otherwise.

However you will find that there are posts by people who are worried before further tests and who don't came back to the forum... I assume they have had great news and don't need to come back.

In the nicest of ways, I hope you are not here long but in the mean time it's a good place to be to speak openly of your worry without getting loads of well meaning but annoying platitudes.

J 😉

Tula

Lump in right breast benign or malignant?

Hello. I recently had a routine mammogram done. The results was 5mm right breast subareolar nodule. No spiculated lesion, no evidence of malignant appearing calcifications. No ductal dilation or skin thickening identified. No evidence of suspicious axillary lymphadenopathy. Compression mammogram and ultrasound confirmed a solid nodule. I have an appt with a breast clinic next week for a biopsy. I'm trying to be positive and calm, but as you know, it's hard. I know the majority of biopsies come back negative, but still can't help but feel anxious. Glad to have found this forum.