Lump not being taken seriously

Hi, I’m 18 and recently found a lump in my breast. I left it for three months to see if there were any changes with my cycle but there weren’t, and if anything the lump had just grown bigger.
So I went to my GP and she said she could feel the lump but thought it might just be a fibroadenoma. She referred me to the breast clinic just to make sure.
At the breast clinic I was treated like dirt. The doctor hardly said a word to me and I was in the examination room for two minutes where he gave me a physical examination then told me to go back to the waiting room to wait for an ultrasound without telling me what he thought. I felt like he couldn’t wait to get rid of me, like I was a complete waste of space.
In the ultrasound the technician never tried to feel the lump, she just vaguely checked the area before telling me she couldn’t see anything. She said I had very dense breasts and the lump I could feel was probably just normal breast tissue - but she never even tried to feel it herself! I was just told to go home.
They completely dismissed me at the clinic, because I am so young and they just didn’t seem to want me there. They couldn’t wait to get rid of me.
But what really annoys me is that my GP originally said that I did have a lump (which may just be a fibroadenoma) but that there is definitely something there. I can feel a significant lump which is definitely not meant to be there and my mind will not rest worrying about it.
Has anyone else had a negative ultrasound and then gone on to have a diagnosis?
I’m thinking about going back to my GP because I can’t just leave a palpable lump which is still growing.
Any advice?

hi acg,
So sorry to hear you have had this experience & you are right about going back to your gp. You have not had a proper answer & it is so unhelpful when professionals don’t communicate properly.
It is most likely dense breast tissue as you were told & all is well, but do go back to your gp about this.
It may also be worth giving back your feedback to the hospital, there are complaints sections on the websites & staff will give you details. If nothing else, if you felt happy with the consultation then you would not have had to go back for another appointment.
let us know what happens
ann x

I agree with the others acg1.

i Am sorry you were put through such an unfeeling situation. These days we expect medical staff to have the interpersonal skills to deal gently with women who are understandably anxious when they have a lump.

unfortunately nt everyone does have those skills. Love and a big cuddle from us. Do come back and let us know how you get on.  Please dont leave it and worry, even tho its unlikely tobe bad news…see your gp again asap, or call the hotline above for a chat…they are very good at helping usxx

Moijan???

Thank you all for the lovely support.
I’ve been back to my GP and they agreed that there is something there and I shouldn’t leave it so have referred me again to go back to the hospital. This time I’m going to make sure that my questions get answered and I’m going to take my mum in with me so she can support me in case I’m dismissed again for my age.
I’m really greatful for all your comments, thank you!!

well done, acg1 !
let us know what happens
ann x