Lump on chest wall/breast

Hi everyone been reading the forum over the last few days. I found a lump on my left breast at 12 oclock which is near my chest wall. I noticed it about 3 weeks ago. I went to my GP and she felt it and said there was thickening in my breast. She made an urgent referal to breast clinic and I have appt on the 14th of Sept. Ive now found a second lump under my left arm. Its only tiny but im really worried! Im 39 years old and there is no family history that im aware of. Should i contact my GP about the 2nd lump or just wait till my clinic appt? I know its probably nothing but I cant help thinking the worst!! Thanks

Hello

There is no need to contact your GP - you have your appointment next week where they will check everything for you.  Your GP has done the right thing in getting you an urgent referral (don’t be scared by that word ‘urgent’ - it’s standard procedure for any breast lump).  90% of lumps turn out to be benign, so there’s every reason to think you’ll be OK, but if you turn out to be in the 10% you have come to the right place for support.  

Nothing bad will happen between now and the 14th, lumps don’t grow that fast, so please be reassured that you are doing the right thing, and will be looked after next week.  I know the waiting is horrible.  I was in your position a long time ago (2007, aged 44, no family history), was found to have cancer, but I’m still here now, fit and well

Thanks Roadrunner glad you are well! Yeah the waiting is the worse thing. Was hoping I would go to GP and she would say she couldn’t feel anything and I was imagining it. Hopefully after the 14th it will be ok! Im not normally an anxious person but can’t seem to stop worrying about this! Thanks again for your response

Hi hope u ok