Lump on nipple

Hi all. I’m 40,married with 2 kids. I’ve found a lump on the areola part of nipple. I’ve been to GP who has referred me to breast screening clinic. She stressed to me not to worry as she suspects a blocked milk duct but just wanted to be sure, which I am grateful for.
Im not overly concerned, did think the Dr would send me on my way, but now that I’ve been referred, there is that nagging doubt. I go from thinking I’m being a fraud wasting their time, to thinking it could be the worst.
Just wondering if anyone else had this symptom. The lump is pea size, and not really under areola, more actually on it. No discharge and I’m not breast feeding. (that train ended many years ago!)

Thanks in advance. Have found this site very helpful so far. :slight_smile:

I can’t help with your symptoms, but just wanted to say try to keep yourself occupied between now and your assessment, try not to worry, and for goodness sake do not start Googling. You can’t self diagnose something like this, and will scare yourself to death if you try. Your GP did a good job in refering you. She wants to be able to sleep tonight and as GP’s are not the experts she wants her own diagnosis confirming by the experts.

Take care, and good luck, xxx

Thanks for your comments and kind words. Already did the dreaded google search, I’m afraid. But it prompted me to go see the Dr, so not all bad, I suppose.

So, I had a mammogram yesterday which was ok, just a bit uncomfortable. I go back next Wednesday for results… On the whole, im staying positive, but having the mammo has resurfaced all the niggling worries. Just want to know. :frowning:

Hi the waiting is dreadful it really is…did you have any other Tests? Scan or biopsy? Take care Emma x

Hi Emma. No, just the mammo. Was in and out in about ten minutes. I did ask if they would tell me anything, but no, which is what I was expecting. The lady I saw was very nice, though.
How about you?

I found lump/mass went to gp 2weeks ago she put urgent refferal in and I was then told by hospital they are jam packed so there’s an 8week waiting list!!! I couldn’t wait that long so booked into a private clI nic Tuesday to see what is going on!! I’m scared very scared, this site has helped…
Have you any pain at all? Mine started with the pain then I found the lump

No. No pain at all. Just this small lump on the aerola. You send yourself mad reading up and comparing symptoms, don’t you!?
x

Iv gone stir crazy Hun

Back from my appointment with consultant and it’s good news. Mammo was clear and dr checked the lump, and said it was a small cyst, gave it a sharp squeeze (ouch!) and out came a white discharge. I’m very relieved, needless to say.
Goodluck to you all waiting on results. x

That’s great news !! I’m so pleased for you. Thanks for coming back on and letting us know, I’ve been thinking about you.
Celebration hugs !! :slight_smile:

Take care xx