327911posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lump on rib cage?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Lump on rib cage?

Thank you DD, I have just been fortunate, I'm er+ and have had some good responses from, at first hormonal treatments and after those some chemotherapies. X
Community Champion

What an inspiration you are Belinda. Treatments are changing all the time. That is brilliant news 12 years on and going strong. What hospital are you at? It must be good. Also what do you put your long survival down to? Xxxxx

Oh that is good news Emma! Glad you found out so quickly too! X
Hi DD, I was diagnosed with bone Mets and breast cancer together, there are a few of us on Secondaries with mets from the very beginning, we often call it the double whammy club. Bit of a shock, I was early 40's but I am still here, pain free, twelve years later. X

Thanks Dizzy Dee.
Lots of love xx
Community Champion

Great news Emma.
Belinda how were your secondary mets diagnosed? Xxx
Highlighted

Thank you Belinda, it's kind of you to reply to my post, I phoned my clinic today and spoke to one of the nurses and she said get an appointment with my GP. I got lucky and got one this afternoon- saw a very nice doctor who examined me and has told me it's a cyst, it's not in breast tissue and it wouldn't come back there anyway, it's moving around a lot and seems like it's fluid filled.I hope you're doing ok, I know another lady who lives near me with bone mets and she is doing really well- I can't believe there is anything wrong withher.thank you so much again for taking time out to post Emma xx
Love Emma

Hi Emma, if you are worried about bone metastases you would normally have some bone pain too. I have bone mets, not painful now but were on diagnosis. If it would set your mind at rest you could request a bone scan. Hope you have some answers and some reassurance soon. X
Community Champion

Let me know how u get on. Thinking of you xxx

Hi DIzzy Dee,
Thank you so much for replying, I am going to speak to somebody about it, I had ductal Carcinoma- I am in a bit of a paranoid place right now I get a pain in my big toe and I think that's it cancer back then!
Thank you again, good luck with Zoladex I have been on it since October and no problems apart from hot flushes which aren't really that bad.
Best wishes Emma

Community Champion

You should get a CT scan. Im starting zoladex too and that really ups your chances of avoiding a recurrance. I would mention but its unlikely to be anything sinister as thats an odd place to have a recurrance. Were you invasive lobular? Xxx

Lump on rib cage?

Hi,
I haven't posted anything on here for quite a while, so wasn't sure where to post this, if anyone could give me some advice I would be very grateful- I am currently in remission from BC- I had a grade 3 stage 2 her2 positive 3cm tumour, chemo, surgery radiotherapy, currently on anastrozole and zolodex injections every 12 weeks- phew sounds like a lot! I had surgery last June, the surgeon got everything with clear margins, I had a tiny tiny lymph node involvement, so had radiotherapy last September for 3 weeks.
Basically last Friday I found what feels like a small ish lump on my left rib cage (cancer side) by the way I had a mastocomy with immediate reconstruction- my mother has felt it for me she says she can only feel bone, I Am going to the clinic in 2 weeks so I am definitely going to speak to someone about then, I am feeling a bit scared though, so if anyone has got any advice please can you give it to me!
Thank you in advance Emma