Lump results back in a week very worried

Hospital sent test of after feeling a lump said not to worry, mamagram and scan was clear, now have an appointment week to the day I had test taken, I’m so anxious as thought it would take longer if there wasn’t anything wrong which says to me there is, I’m so frightened.

<li-spoiler> </li-spoiler>

Tracy52

Hello and welcome.  Please do not be scared about how quick the appointment has come through.  It is quite usual that when you have a biopsy done that they have you back for the results around a week after so do not read anything into that.  When I had my biopsy my breast clinic actually gave me an apt card for exactly a week later to come back and get the results.

This is a very scary time and your mind will play a lot of tricks with you because your anxiety levels are so high, but try to find some way of taking your mind off things.

Let us know how you get on and remember we are always here to help and support you through this.  Keep in mind that there are a lot of breast conditions which are benign and even after doing a biopsy it does not mean that the results will come back as being breast cancer, but they are just being absolutely sure for you by doing it.

Sending you a hug

Helena xxx

Hi Tracey,

That is usual procedure, if you have a biopsy taken, normal practice is you will have an appointment within 2 weeks for the results, so please don’t read anything into it, it’s national guidelines that are being followed. Even if a biopsy has been taken, it does not necessarily mean it’s bc. It’s good your mammogram & scan were clear, so at the very worst, you MAY get an early bc diagnosis, which is highly treatable with excellent outcomes. 

Inevitably, you will feel anxious, we’ve all been there at some point, but whatever it is it will be dealt with. 

Do come & chat whenever you need to. 

take care

ann x