Lump under Lumpectomy scar

I had a lumpectomy in 2009 and 3 x fat transfers so far the last one being last year. All of a sudden I have noticed a lump under the length of the scar and am worried it may be a recurrance. I’ve got an app next weds to see my surgeon and so worried. Anyone else had A similar experience? I had a mammogram and check up last oct and everything was ok then.

Hi paris

I’m sorry to read you’re having a tough time at the moment, I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe it would help to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

No. No users have given me any support. Suppose I will just get my support from family. Thought at least someone out there would be or have been in my position. Thank you for your advice anyway.

Hi Paris sorry to hear of your worries. I cannot help as not been in your exact situation but hopefully this will bump up for you. Best wishes and hugs as can imagine how worried you are x

Hi I hope you’ve already seen your surgeon and maybe have some answers. I had the same problem 6 months after my lumpectomy and discovered another lump under my scar. I had a biopsy and it turned out it was just scar tissue. Wishing you all the best and hopefully hear from you soon x

Hi I’m having the same problem. I had a lumpectomy in November 2011 followed by 3 weeks of radiotherapy. I have had a hard lump along the scar which was scar tissue and it has gotten softer. However on examining my breast this weekend I have found a different lump. I spoke to the BC nurse and she has booked an appointment for me in to be examined but its not for another week and a bit. She has given me some reassurance saying it sounds like it might be tissue surrounding a stitch under the skin. I’m really worried too. I had a mammogram in November and all was nornal. This lump feels a bit like a pea, hard and small. Have you seen your oncologist yet?

Hi Paris,
I have just seen your post and wondered how you got on with your surgeon. What happened with the lump? I’m 3 months out of rads and have been worried about the lump along my lumpectomy scar. My BC nurse said not to worry as it’s likely to be skin changes and scar tissue, but I can’t help but worry. I have a chest CT this month, then a 6 m mammo next month but am seeing my surgeon next week so will mention the lump/scar tissue and see what she (the surgeon) thinks/whether it needs a biopsy.
It’s so difficult knowing what to worry about, and what to really worry about. Hope things turned out ok for you.
Lisa