Lumpectomy 12th Feb -? Scar tissue

I had a ‘lumpectomy’ and node biopsy on the 12th Feb which I seemed to recover well from but over the last two weeks have developed a ‘thickening’/?another lump over the scar - is this normal? Worried sick!!!

I also have had a lumpecomy done and 11 lyphnodes removed my doctor said the hardening around the wound was prfectly normal as i have experianced the same hope all goes well for you heavenly

hi, me too - arm one is ok but boob has hard area - again I was reassured…mary x

My underarm scar is a bit lumpy too, as well as the area on my boob where the tumour was. That has hardened and the skin has puckered up rather horribly. I asked both the oncologist & radiologists about it & they didn’t seem too perturbed so it must be in the range of “normal”, whatever that is!!!
I alternate between feeling very ugly & disfigured and thinking scarring is infinitely better than the alternative.

hi all,

had second lumpectomy done on 26/03 as first results did not get
clear margin, and know what you mean. My boob was fine the 1st week and this week, it seems to hurt all over again, hard lump and shooting pain all the time. Nipple still very sensitive and at the edge of the scar, it feels like something is going to come through the skin! You can’t help imagining it is growing
again as mine is very strongly hormone positive. Will ask ONC
tomorrow. have looked on after surgery symptons, but not sure
what is to be expected.

HI,marble i am due my opp on monday 20.04 lumpectomy can you tell me more about yor experiance what to expect after the opp as i have 2 year old boy and i so much worry how i am going to take care of him…love Kristi