Lumpectomy done

Hi all just to say my procedure has been done because I didn’t go down until 3.30 I am still in hospital I came back on ward at approximately 5.45 and apart from blue wee and blue sick (was sick several times) I have pretty much slept constantly… I did not realise I could sleep that much. Did try and eat but kept falling to sleep so the poor nurses have done me several cups of coffee that have gone cold and provided me with several sandwiches with just the corners nibbled. But now I have discussed food going in and blue coming out back to the op I actually feel surprisingly good and relieved to know that the body invader has gone part 1 done results on 23rd so back to waiting again xx anyone with ops today good luck and big hugs xx

Morning Sue, have been thinking of you. So glad you are OK. Its a great feeling to know the its gone (the first thing my surgeon said to me as I woke up in recovery after my, was the cancers gone!)
You will be tired for a good few days, so take it easy. Hope you continue to recover well. Big hugs Shirley. Xxx

Thanks Shirley x hope you are okay too lots of love x

Glad your op went well, and the invader has gone .

love and best wishes xxx

Glad all went well sue, now get plenty of rest.

Debbie xx

Thank you ladies your support is invaluable xxx love to you all x

Just saw a doctor consultant managed to take lymph nodes through same incision as lumpectomy so although there is pain there is only one wound x and I will be going home shortly x

Thanks Rosie I feel surprisingly well but will rest x his are you a week on? X

I had s 3 hour ‘nap’ this afternoon will still have an early night truly believe it’s emotional exhaustion as well as physical xx

Sue W
Glad your op is sorted!
Now to rest before you may be doing your YMCA on Friday. Lots of love.xx

Morning all still s member of the wide awake club but I had a 3 hour nap yesterday afternoon ? Woke at 5 so have had a shower and actually feel really good git shoulder ache but consultant said that would happen due to arm being kept in unnatural position during surgery x just took paracetamol will only take codiene if I have to and now hoingbto do first lit or exercise x good job it don’t involve touching my toes as I couldn’t do that before ???x love to all and virtual hugs to anyone who needs them xx

Sue

Yay, great to hear from you, hum the blue wee is a bit strange but it goes within about 24 hours.  Hopefully you will be on your way home later today xx

I know what you mean, I remember when I was diagnosed last September I called mine Mr Blobby, when I came round from my op I was saying that Mr Blobby was gone and when I explained to the nurse why she laughed and said that was a great way to think.

Make sure you do your exercises as they will help with your arms mobility and rest now,

Sending you a very gently hug

Helena xxx

I am home Helena x op was Tuesday cam home yesterday had s shower this morning xhdcstarted exercises x results on 23rd xx

lol Helena … how exciting new blinds x feel much better once showeredand hair washed though I did just put a clean nightie on lol cant be bothered to put clothes on ha ha x

Hi chaffinch glad you are in the mend x I got post op Bra from Asda website (front fastening) pack of 2 for £15 x I am usually s tummy sleeper too have found being propped up (almost sitting) seems to work best although I look forward to the day I can stay in bed later than 5 am xxx