cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumps and Bumps.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Lumps and Bumps.

Hi Lettie! I didn't find a lump so much as an edge...I know that sounds weird but it was something new, I have (had!!) lumpy breasts but this just felt different.

I used to think I would be wasting the doctors time, and that the worst thing ever would be being told off for that....lol, I know better now!!!
Highlighted

Hi Lettie
Luvvie66 is right. We are both going through similar treatments and know how easy it is to dismiss something that appears small and insignificant.
I noticed mine whilst taking a shower. It was very subtle but it made me stop in my tracks. My gut instinct told me it was not right so I went with that.
I was told mine was fat necrosis on my first ultrasound scan and it began to reduce in size so I did not worry too much. So glad I did go for the biopsies though as I could easily have not bothered. Mine too was early breast cancer that has spread to one lymph node. It has now all been removed.
Always get it checked. The earlier this is caught and dealt with the better.
Hope yours is not cancer of course.
Good luck
mandyj
Highlighted

Hi Lettie,

You are doing absoltuely the right thing by getting it checked.

I have lumpy breasts, and thought one just felt a bit 'different' and I'm so glad I got it checked.

It's usually nothing, but in my case it was early stage breast cancer - even the consultant and surgeon couldn't detect anything unusual.

I've lots of friends who have got things checked and it's been cysts etc, but it really is better to be safe than sorry.

I'm sure you'll find it's 'normal for you'

S xx
Highlighted

Hi Lettie

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, I hope you will find them to be a good source of support and information.

Whilst you wait for the other users to reply with their advice and information if you do need to talk this through please don't hesitate to give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000. The staff on the helpline will be able to offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical infromation. The lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Highlighted

Lumps and Bumps.

I was just wondering how do you tell what is a normal lump/bump and not a lump that may be not normal.
I know that i should at my age know the differences in my body, but sometimes you can over think these things and
imagine that something is there that may just be normal.
If anyone can help me with this i would be very grateful, i already have an appt for the doctors to check it out, but would like
some info before going.
Many thanks.